Chapter Forty-Six

Byron's words were not helpful. My mind was on Henri all the time, it was annoying to not know what was going on. The worst part was that Henri was going to be gone for awhile. He was probably going to be with that annoying girl that I hated.

For Dr. Langston's class, we had to pair up with a different partner. I had been working with Henri all year that I hadn't spoken to anybody else in the class. I paired up with a nice Witch.

"Iris" I held out my hand to her. She smiled timidly, holding her hand out.

"Joanna" she cleared her throat. Behind her head, I noticed Alec who was talking to another girl. I lifted my hand at him. Joanna looked over her shoulder.

"You know, Alec Carson?" she whispered. There was a small smile on her face.

"Yeah, he's a friend" I answered. Alec smiled at me and my stomach squirmed. It wasn't a good feeling either. He wanted to be more than just friends. Alec got to his feet and made his way with his partner.

"Hey, ready for the game?" he sat down next to me.

"Umm yeah" I noticed Johanna all of busy herself with her notebook. "Alec this is Johanna" her face turned red.

"Hi Johanna" Alec held out his hand. Johanna didn't lift her eyes. I nudged her, she held up her hand without looking at him. Alec gave me a weird look but I merely smiled back at him.

"Hi" she was getting increasingly flustered. Her face was tomato red, and from the looks of it her hands were shaking. "Anyway we can work on our project Iris."

"Sure" I wanted to laugh. Her reaction was funny yet adorable. "Johanna would you like to join us for the game, Alec is getting us field passes so we could join him."

Her head snapped up. There was a small pained look on Alec's face which I ignored.

"Thomas is probably taking his girlfriend. I'm sure Ezra is going with some girl at the last minute and I'll need someone as well" I linked my arm to Johanna's who hadn't said anything.

"Sure" Alec nodded but he didn't look pleased. "The more the merrier."

"Thanks" I nudged Johanna who could say something but she was from the looks of it hyperventilating. Poor girl.

Alec and his friend left as soon as the bell rang. Johanna put her head on the desk.

"Oh my god, that was sooo embarrassing" she looked like if she wanted to bang her head against the desk. "I was trying to keep it cool"

"That was the last thing you did" I told her with a small smile. "You can make up for it on Saturday. Try to act normal"

"I don't think he is into me. You on the other hand" she sighed heavily, shaking her head. "He likes you" she sighed heavily. "Maybe I shouldn't go"

"No, you should come. Wear a really cute outfit" I smiled at her. She shook her head.

"I'm not you know- outgoing or flirty and cute like .......you. You are really pretty. You were dating that hot Goblin and I'm well" she shook her head. She picked her books with a sad smile.

"I think he could be into you" I told her with a nod. "I'm not looking for a relationship, I just got out of one and right now I'm not into anybody else" She had large brown eyes and really pretty curly black hair. "Come to my room on Saturday and we can get ready." I nodded encouragingly. It would be fun to have another girl to talk to about boy problems. I needed to get out of my own head. "Besides I think my ex will probably be at the game with his friends" I made a disgusted face which made her laugh. We walked to our next class which I hadn't known she was in.