Chapter Forty-Three

In the morning, there were a dozen roses waiting for me where I usually sat for breakfast. I tried to keep myself from smiling. Instead of picking them up, I only put them aside.

"Someone is trying to get on your good side" Ezra commented as he sat down in front of me

"So what happened?" Thomas asked eyeing the roses as well.

"We broke up. We are taking a break" I shrugged. "He cheated on me"

Ezra and Thomas looked at each other quickly. There was a confused expression on their faces.

"Does he realize that you guys broke up" Ezra picked at one of the roses.

"We are taking a break" I shrugged. I wanted to pick the flowers up and smell them. I had never been a fan of flowers but they were beautiful. It was a mixture of white and red roses. "Besides Lindsay" I made a disgusted face. "Might have picked them"

"Good morning, guys" Henri was right behind me.

"Morning" I continued to eat. He sat down next to me but I ignored him.

"Did you like the roses?" Henri asked. He hadn't served himself.

"Yes, they are nice. Thanks" I took a gulp of my drink. "Shouldn't you be leaving for class?"

"Yeah I just wanted to"

"Henri" I heard a voice and I couldn't help looking. It was a tall skinny girl with really pretty ombre hair. "Ready for class?" she had a huge white smile on her face. Her skirt was much shorter than the standard skirt we wore. It had to be the girl he had kissed.

"Yeah, I was just eating breakfast with"

"We should go" she took his arm. "We are going to be late" she didn't bother looking at us. Henri took off with her without glancing back at me.

"What a jerk" I stabbed my ham as I looked after them. She was laughing and clinging onto him. He didn't seem to mind that she was all over him.

I was in a horrible mood the rest of the day. I kept receiving a rose from Henri but I refused to pick them up. I just ignored them.

"What?" I snapped at Byron who was training me. He raised his eyebrows at me. "Sorry" I apologized quickly.

"What is going on, Burke?" he lowered his sword. I glanced down at my arms, I had cuts all over. My face was also bleeding. I had been so distracted that his blade had met my open skin.

"Nothing that I want to talk about" I shrugged not meeting his eyes. He probalby knew that Henri and I had broken up.

There was shouting coming from the hall.

"What is going on?" Ezra turned to the door with a smile. Drake was trying to get his attention. There was some more shouting and Ezra took off.

"He is so damn nosey" Thomas grumbled. We stayed put but there was a loud scream. Byron took off and I followed him.

"Move aside" Byron squeezed in between people. I stuck close to him. I looked over my shoulder Vino and Drake were following us. There was a huge fight. It looked like ten or more people were fighting.

"What the hell?" Byron breathed. "Break it up" he shouted. "Get to class now" he barked at the watching students. They all ignored him. There were girls sobbing in a corner. "What happened here? Why are they?" he stopped talking because two boys fighting fell on top of him. I stepped away bumping into Vino and Drake.

Byron dragged himself out and pulled them apart.

"Repetitions for a month" he barked. He pushed them away from each other in different directions. Vino and Drake helped him break up the fighting. I noticed there was someone on the ground. He looked like if he had been really beaten up.