Chapter Thirty-Seven

A month passed by, we settled back into our routine of training and trying to catch up with our homework. I was also training with Professor Curt once a week. I was getting better at the disarming spell. He was teaching me how to use it. We had moved on with Rupert, he was teaching Ezra how to pull electricity from a storm. Thomas was able to travel off of campus. Rupert had set up a special training tool for me. I was fighting different simulations with different gifts. It also included swords much to Byron's delight.

We were still learning magical abilities which were getting harder. I hated brewing potions because somehow mine never came out right. Thomas was the only one out of us that knew how to brew properly. Ezra was getting better at incantations spells. He was surpassing Thomas. He was progressing to mental incantations.

My mirroring abilities were coming in handy in basic charms much to their annoyance. They thought I was cheating because I could easily learn the magic.

"That is not fair" Ezra complained for the millionth time. We were supposed to be learning to change each others appearance. I had given them dark green hair and large toucan-like noses. They had only managed to give me lighter hair.

"I'm going to give you rabbit teeth" Ezra snapped at me. He took a deep breath and muttered the spell under his breath. I lifted my eyebrows waiting.

Once class was over, we headed for the front of the school. We were going to have a school assembly for the arrival of the Druid Chief and Shaman Master. King Egerton was also going to visit.

We arranged ourselves by our track and year. I was standing alongside Ezra and Thomas. Byron was standing in front. I could see the back of his head.

The Druid Chief was an ancient man dressed in light blue robes, he had white wirey hair. His eyes were a clear blue color that I had never seen before. The Shaman Master was dark-skinned with various colorful tattoos on his face. He was wearing white robes with a gold trim.

"Am I late?" King Egerton entered. He was walking up the stairs, behind him were two men with spears.

"Right on time, Egerton" The Druid Chief responded. "Trouble arriving?"

"Not at all, needed time to get used to my land legs, Degan" King Egerton laughed. His eyes ran across the student body. He met my eyes briefly. "Where is Ronald?"

"He hasn't arrived yet. He got held up in a meeting" The Headmistress responded. "He will arrive in an hour or so"

"I heard that you are hoarding the Guardians this time around: the Shaman Master asked looking around the room. "Is it true?" I felt Thomas shuffle on his feet next to me.

"No at all" the Headmistress laughed. "Taak, besides you know I can't disclose that kind of information" there was a hard look on her face.

"We are all here, Headmistress" I turned to a student standing by her side.

"Students and staff" Headmistress Allison clapped her hands. "I am excited to have Chief Degan of the Druids, Master Taak of the Southern Shamans and King Egerton of the Mer-People visiting us today. Please welcome them to our school. They will be joining us for dinner and breakfast tomorrow morning. They brought many of their own students to visit, so invite them at your tables" She introduced each of the tracks. She started at the far left.

"Our Witches and Wizards wear black coaks" She pointed them. They cheered loudly. "Our Academic students have gray cloaks, our Medicinal students wear blue cloaks. The Law students wear green cloaks and the Arts wear lilac." Each track cheered loudly, some chanting their track's song. "And our Guard students wear dark red cloaks"