Chapter Forty-One

I'll be on campus tomorrow afternoon. We need to talk. -Henri

It was the only note I had gotten from him. Before, he used to send notes all the time and now he barely sent anything.

I crumbled the note in my fist. Ezra and Thomas looked at me but didn't say anything. I was so annoyed and irritated with him.

He could tell me what was going on instead of running off towards the meetings. If he wanted to break up-

The thought made me stand still. We were supposed to be stretching for practice. I had received the note from a bird.

"What?" Thomas eyed me. Thomas had a nasty black eye from the Dragon versus Broomsticks tournament. They had gotten into a fight with some of the players after the game. It had been none other than Henri's friends.

The game had gone from friendly to rowdy to a fight that had gotten a large group of Immortals and Goblins involved.

"Nothing" I mumbled. To my surprise, Ezra and Thomas hadn't gotten any repetitions because it would mean that Byron would get in trouble too.

We need to talk, were not words that anybody wanted to hear or read. I was on edge until I saw him.

"Hi" he kissed my lips. He looked like if he was in a good mood.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I quickly went straight to the point.

"Let me put my things away" he took my hand. We went up to his room.

"So I wanted to tell you what happened at the meeting" he answered, as he put his things away.

"How'd it go" I sighed with relief.

"Tense" Henri sighed heavily. He rubbed his head momentarily and continued to put his things. "Just you know keep it to yourself. I'm not supposed to be talking about what happens at the meetings"

"Sure"

"So, Phillip was present at the meeting last week" he recalled. "He got into an argument with Charles about going to war but from what we could tell Phillip is not changing his mind"

"We know that" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Right but he looks sick, Iris. He looked like if he had lost a lot of weight and he looked extremely pale" Henri shook his head with a frown. "Dr. Nan said he looked magically ill"

"Magically ill" I blinked in response. That wasn't good news.

"Yeah like if someone was poisoning with magic" Henri grimaced. "He looked really bad maybe, Dr. Nan will tell you guys more but he didn't comment much on it. I thought I should let you know"

"Thanks" I tilted my head up towards him. He met my lips briefly.

"So I brought you something, one of dad's friend's daughter help me pick it out for you" he handed me a small package. "I think you might know her, Lindsay"

"The girl that likes you" I briefly recalled being told that some girl was all over him. I opened the package slowly.

"It was nothing, we just had dinner together and went shopping afterwards. She helped me pick out a gift for you since I was feeling guilty about leaving." His words reminded me why I was initially mad at him.

It was a thin pearl necklace. I lifted it up to look at it.

"Thanks" I tried to keep the irritation out of my voice.

"So I kind of have to tell you something."

His voice made me look up at him. His face was slowly turning red and there was an embarrassed smile.