31/Oaklee

How are you supposed to feel after something like this happens? I didn't even know about the baby and it still hurts, it hurts so fucking bad

They said I have an 50/50 chance of getting pregnant again. That the bullet basically destroyed my uterus.

I've been moved from the infirmary back to Leo's and mine room. He stays with me and I stay with him. He has to go to meeting to give orders, but I stay in my room. He stays with me while I cry and I do the same for him. We've fallen asleep crying countless times.

It's only been 3 weeks since I lost my baby. Leo's and mine baby. This place has been depressing but nobody talks about it. The few that did got shot. My cries still echo through the house. I've heard some of the men taking about it. About how sad it is and how 'you can hear the pain in her cries' or whatever.

My body hurts, my stomach still cramps. Or maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, I'm not sure yet.  Leo tries to help the best he can and sometimes it helps and others it won't.

  I haven't left my room, the only time I've been up is to use the bathroom. I'm can't even try again for a baby. The image of having a family, having kids have been taken from me.

  Royce came to see me once he heard what happened. It was the day I was moved to my room.

*Royce's visit*
  "Someone's here to see you, amore mio." Leo says, hesitantly as he rubs my back. I nod slightly, still looking at the wall in front of me.

  He sighs before leaving the room. I hear his footsteps before it's silent. Silence used to be something I prayed for. I wanted people to stop talking. I wanted my thoughts to be silenced. But it's so quiet now.

  I was so lost in thought I didn't see Royce standing in front of me. I move my eyes to him and feel them well up again.

  I open my arms for him and he lays in them, rubbing my back. I rub my hand on his buzz-cut hair.

  "My baby..." I choke out.

  "Lee, you are the strongest girl I know. You'll heal and then you will have your big, crazy, loud family you've always wanted. Do you hear me? Be sad, but don't let it set you back." He says. I know what he's talking about.

  He thinks I'm going to go on a rampage. I don't blame him. When Robert happened and spent his month using me, I would relapse into everything, anything, drugs, alcohol, knives; it was what Royce called a 'setback'.

  I nod stiffly.

*Present*
  "Come on, baby. Let's take a walk." Leo says as he rubs my arm. I continue to stare at the wall, that seems to be one of the ways to past time. He's been crying with me, but he seems to accept it more than me.

  "Il mio amore, look at me." He sighs once done talking. I slowly move my eyes to his and nod my head.

  He grabs my hands and pull me up. He moves with me as I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. He reaches pass me, grabbing my brush and gently brushing my hair. Once he's done, I grab a scrunchie and pull my hair into a messy ponytail.