10/Leonadas

I hear her phone go off and I watch her from the corner of my eyes

I hear her phone go off and I watch her from the corner of my eyes. I watch as her face pales and she looks up frantically, looking around. And then sirens.

Oaklee slides down yelling at me to do the same. I follow Oaklee as she follows the rest around a corner.

  Waiting.

"What's going o-"

"Shhh"

"I see 2. Tall and scrawny and donut guy." I hear Koa say.

"We can take them?" Royce asks.

"Yeah. You and Mason push and we're out." He explains. I feel Oaklee grab my hand.

We watch as the 2 police officers walk in the building. I see Mason and Royce push off the wall and shove the police down once they were away from the doorway.

"Go! Go! Go!"

We all sprint out of the building. Running the opposite direction of the house we were at. I watch them as they hoop and holler, with the biggest smiles on their face.

"Ay! They're behind us!"

I turn seeing them a good bit behind. I look back to see everyone splitting. I feel a tug on my hand as Oaklee pulls me towards a fence with Royce in front of us.

We hop over the fence, landing in someone's backyard. We hop maybe 3 more fences till we were in front of the house. God that was a mess.

"I think it's best we get home." She looks at me for approval. I nod and head towards the passenger side seat. I get in and watch as Oaklee pulls out her phone and shows Royce something.

He looks up at her. Any smile that was in his face, gone. He starts talking to her. She responds, with no emotions on her face. He nods as he turns his head towards the car. I see his eyes fill with unshed tears.

He looks back at her, rubbing his eyes. I watch as she points to me then him then the house, as she talks. He shakes his head, pulling her into a hug. He says something in her hair, then let's her go, not bothering to wipe the tears that spilled out of his eyes.

She walks to the driver side and rolls her window down as she sits down. "You don't have to do this. There's better options." Royce pleads.

"Enough. We just talked about this. We are done talking about it. I'll see you." She says. Her tone is final.

Nodding his head. "Just be careful. It doesn't need to happen again."

She nods once, rolling up her window. He backs away and she drives off.

What were they talking about? Why was he crying? Why was he telling her to be careful? What doesn't need to happen again? What's going on?

I hope she'll tell me. Maybe. Hopefully. God, do you hear yourself right now? You just spent the night acting like a bunch of teenagers and now you're overthinking shit. Get it together.