9/Oaklee

I'm not sure why I asked him to come with me to Royce's house

I'm not sure why I asked him to come with me to Royce's house. Maybe I don't want to leave him just yet. Or maybe I wanted to see if he would get along with my friends. But I did it.

I look over too him. He's already looking at
me with a small smile on his face. I give him a smile and watch his widens. I look down at our interlocked hands and start rubbing my free hands on top of his.

  "Hey, Imma go change." I say getting up. I look at Leo nodding towards the door. He nods, squeezing my hand. I pull him towards Royce's room.

  We enter and I grab one of Royce's white shirts and walk out of the room with Leo on my heels. I walk into Kylie's room grabbing a pair of jean shorts.

  "Wait here." He nods as I walk to her bathroom. I quickly get changed and put on her checker vans.

  "Let's go. I think they're planning on going to the skate park." I say grabbing his hand pulling him out of the room.

  When we walk in there garage I see them dancing. As soon as Royce sees me he looks at the shirt I'm wearing and looks back at me.

  " What did I say about wearing my favorite shirts?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

  "What did I say about getting soft shirts and not putting them in higher places?" I return.

  "Okay then. Maybe I don't mind seeing you in my clothes." He says walking towards me.

  Before I can say anything my hand is grabbed and I'm being twirled into his body. Tilting my head back, I laughed.

  Rocking our bodies side to side, he puts his chin on my shoulder. "What's going on with you and the Boss man?" He whispers.

  I turn my head to Leo to see him looking at Royce with a murderous look. I smile, looking back at Royce. I shrugged my shoulders.

  I open my mouth with my tongue out. He digs in his pocket, grabbing a small little bag of white pills. He puts one on my tongue then pops one in his mouth and twirls me out towards Leo.

  "Hey." I smile up at him.

  "Hi." He smiles down at me.

  "Dance with me?" I give him my most innocent face I could muster, almost cringing away at myself.

  He immediately nods. I put my hands behind his neck. He puts his hands on my waist. One hand holding tightly and the other playing with the ends of my hair.

We slowly start dancing. As we dance he doesn't look anywhere but my eyes. It feels so surreal. I don't want to bring him into my problems but I don't want to be away from him. Ever. It's a scary, the thought about depending on someone else when you've been depending on yourself almost your entire life.

I don't want to break him like the way I'm broken. It's exhausting being the way I am. I want him to be happy. I need him to be happy. Whether that's with me or not.

Drawing me out of my thoughts, Leo spins me around. Pulling my back to his chest. His hands on my hips, pushing me against him, completely. I start swaying my hips. I hear his breath getting heavy.

"Easy." He says, breathless. I feel one of his hands moving my hair to my shoulder, putting his head in my neck. I feel him leaving light kisses.

My head feels fuzzy. I turn my head so I can look at him. As he takes his head off me. He looks at my eyes and flicker down to my lips. He slowly starts leaning in.

" Come on people! It's timeee!" Koa say in a singing voice. Snapping us out of our little moment. I step away from him looking at the clock.

And sure enough it's 1:00 AM. Kylie starts squealing as Mason grabs her and pulls her over his shoulder.

Jumping up and down. He starts yelling " It's go time! Get your shit!" I turn my head away from the monkeys that looked like they got out of the zoo.

I look at Leo and he gives me a questioning look. "Stay with me?" I ask with my hand out.

He nods, grabbing my hand. Royce opens a cabinet, handing out skateboards. I decided to sit out this time as Leo is with us.

"Let's go!" Kylie starts yelling.

We walk out of the garage. I watched as they started riding their skateboards down the street. I laugh at them.

I look up at Leo and he's just walking beside me watching them. "How long have y'all done this?" He asks.

"I'm not sure. I try to come over at least once a month but it doesn't always work out."

He nods his head and we continue to walk in silence.

Arriving at the building, they are waiting for us. "You ready?" I ask him.

"Ready for what?"

I point to Royce looking around, Koa looking out from the window, Kylie slipping in between the wall and a piece of wood, and Mason holding the piece of wood so it doesn't crush her.

One by one, we get inside. Once we're in I look at Leo as he looks around the place. It was a inside skatepark but people stopped coming to it, so we've sort of claimed it.

I walk towards my all time favorite area of this place. He follows me. I climb up a metal fence and jump off, grabbing onto a tall skate ramp, pulling myself up. I watch as Leo does the same. Except he didn't have to jump. Stupid tall people.

I watch as they skate around, yelling, smoking, laughing. And I watch with a small smile on my face. I guess their a little immature for their age but sometimes it's the only thing we look forward too. Reminds us of times when we were free. 

"So, is this some type of ritual?"

I look over to him with a face. "What? No. We just hang out. We just come here get high and skate. That's all there is too it." I laugh.

" And how is it different from just regular skating?"

I look back at them. Seeing Kylie and Mason on the same board acting as if it's a row boat with a blunt hanging out of their mouths, Royce going up and down skate ramps, and Koa going past Kylie and Mason laughing before falling down. Royce ends up on the ground from laughing so hard.

"It's the adrenaline, I guess and the high gives the imagination a little something special to think about."

"So, you're a bunch of adrenaline junkies?" He asks with a smile.

"If you want to put a name on it. Sure." I shrugged.

"What else do y'all do?" He turns completely toward me.

" Well during the summer we go to this abandoned wooden bridge, that's about to fall apart at any point but we go there and we climb beneath it. And jump into the water under it," I laugh slightly. " it's not the smartest thing to do because the current is strong enough to pull us under but we do it anyways."

He nods his head. Then turns back to watch the group. The only thing you hear their laughter and the skateboards hitting and ramps. Until my phone beeps, signaling that I got a text. I look at it.

Glad you got yourself a lover boy. It'd be a shame if lover boy got hurt because of something that you did. Wouldn't it, Little bird? - R.B

My heart dropped as I read that. I looked around but it wasn't long until we heard police sirens.