12/Leonadas

I've been looking for Oaklee for two months

I've been looking for Oaklee for two months. Once Royce found that bag, it was like he knew exactly what happened. But he wouldn't tell me. He tried to act calm but I could tell, something was wrong and it wasn't good.

  "Shit." Royce whispers.

  "What? What is this stuff?" I ask, almost pleadingly.

  "It's her drugs and stuff. It helps her with her nightmares or if she needs to leave. She wouldn't leave this." He whispered the last part.

  "Do you know where she went? You have to know. You're close, aren't you?"

  "Nah, man. I don't." He says, his pupils dilated, he wouldn't look up, and started fidgeting with the pill bottles.

  It's been rough without her here. I know I've only known her for a short bit, but she was like the last piece of the puzzle and she fit so perfectly.

  Nova and Ezra freaked out after a week of not hearing from her. Nova cried once I told her that she's missing.

  "Hey, have you heard from Oaklee? She hasn't been answering my texts or calls." Nova says, walking into my office.

  I look up, sighing. "È scomparsa." ( she's missing)

  "What? What do you mean 'she's missing'? If this is some way of keeping her to yourself, it's not funny." She says, chuckling.

  "I'm not joking, sorella." (sister) I say turning my head back to the stack of papers in my desk.

She's quiet, too quiet. I keep my head down. It's not like I don't want to care for my sister, I don't know how. I was never good in that department.

I hear sniffling and I finally look up. She's crying. Full on crying. Ugly, red face, quivering lips crying.

My eyes widen. What do I do?! I stand, walking beside her and pat her back, awkwardly. She shoves off my hand and storms out of my office.

I've done everything in my power that I could do. Whoever did this was good. I don't know what else to do.