16/Leonadas

(Violence)

                              (Violence)

I'm not happy that Royce is here. The only reason I didn't tie him to a chair and beat the truth out of him was because he's Oaklee's friend.

And that's all he's ever gonna be.

  I watch as she talks to her friends. I know she's getting tired but she isn't going to admit it. She's been getting nightmares every night. I hear her calling for her Mom or her Dad and sometimes even me. It breaks my heart knowing I can't do anything about it.

  I can barely hug her without hurting her. She needs to heal and I don't want to slow her down by hurting her more.

  I feel her hand on my thigh, drawing me back into reality. I focus on my hand that is playing with her hair.

  "No. No, because it's a valid question. If the earth is round, than why isn't a plane curving with the earth?" Koa exclaims, waving his hands around.

  "The mountains is what makes the earth round." Kylie says, like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

  I look around as it got real quiet real fast, everyone is staring at Kylie. Just blinking and staring.

  "Um. Anyways, did you know that Mona Lisa had no eyebrows? Like can we talk about that?" Mason says, changing the subject.

  "Wait, what?"
  "Huh?"
   "How do you know this?"

  "I looked up the picture and saw no eyebrows." His eyebrows wiggling.

  "Why were you looking at a picture of her, anyways?" Oaklee asks.

"She's fucking hot." He pronounces every word.

  Okay then.

  I realize Royce has been really quiet this entire time, I look towards him. Seeing him glare at all the bruises and healing stitches that's visible. I see his eyes move to Oaklee's face. Out of the corner of my eyes, I see Oaklee nod her head with a small smile on her face. Royce rolls his eyes before giving her a grin.

  Why are they always doing that? Can't they just talk?

Now is not the time to be jealous.

Removing my eyes from him, I look at Oaklee as I rub her back, she yawns. I clear my throat. " I think it's time y'all leave." I say, sharply.

  Everyone quickly nods there head before giving Oaklee a small hug. I watch as Royce holds her a couple seconds too long. I inwardly roll my eyes. They shut the door as they leave.

  "Leo?"

  I look towards her, she looks like she's struggling on putting words together or maybe just saying them. So instead she opens her arms and waits.