30/Leonadas

I paced the hallway, waiting for her

I paced the hallway, waiting for her. She's not going to die. I still have to propose and we have to get married and have our many children. We are supposed to grow old together.

I promised she would never have to go through this again and it's happening. Again.

The door flies open as Oaklee is being pushed on a bed into the infirmary room. I try to follow before I'm stopped by a doctor.

"What's happening? Is she okay?" I ask. I feel like my heart is beating so fast it's about to burst out of my chest and run away from me.

"She will be fine. Nothing is too damage. The fetus is no longer with us. The bullet hit exactly where the baby was. The bullet also hit her uterus. There will be chances infertile issues if and when you decide to try again. I do apologize." He says, finally looking up.

  "What are the chances of the infertility?" I ask, almost numbly.

  "It's about 50/50." He says. I nod my head once, dismissing him.

  She was pregnant. She was pregnant with my baby and my baby died. Our baby died and we didn't even know about it. She won't be able to have kids. Our kids.

Oh God.

  With that thought replaying in my head, I slide down the wall, with my head in my hands. I close my eyes. I need to be strong for her. I let my tears fall for now.

  I feel a hand on my shoulder, I shrug it off before looking up. Ezra is standing in front of me with fear all over his face. Probably because you're crying. Idiot.

  "Is she okay? What's happening? Why are you crying?" He asks, rapidly.

  "She-" I choke back a sob. "She's okay. She was, um, she was pregnant." I say, blowing air out of my mouth.

  "That's great dude! You're going to be a father." He says, excited.

  "Was, she was pregnant. She lost it. Doc said there's a 50/50 chance of her getting pregnant again. My baby-" I stop as tears fall down my face again.

  I watch as the excitement leave his face and sadness takes over. He crouched in front of me, grabbing my hand and pulling me up with him. He wraps me in a hug.

  Normally I would never do this but I hugged him and I cried on his shoulder. Ugly, red face, quivering lip crying.

  "My baby is dead because of me." I cry out.

  "No it isn't. Your baby was stolen from you. If Oaklee didn't do what she did, you would've been dead and they would have gotten her and probably do much worst. It's okay to cry and be mad about this but when that girl wakes up, she's going to feel the same as you if not worse. Her body prepared for that shit and it got ripped away from her, from both of you." He said, backing away from me. I nod my head, wiping my face with the sleeve of my shirt.