Chapter 117: Jealousy

Saturday, April 2 – Richmond Raceway

Chase lets out a sigh as he leans back against the pit cart, taking another look at the scoreboard. It seemed no matter what they tried, they could not find the speed they needed to crack the top-10 on the short run.

"If you can get over qualifying shitty, then I think we'll be fine tomorrow," Alan comments, earning a nod back in response from his driver. That was already on his mind without being told. "Maybe you just need to go find out what Ryan's secret is. He should tell you, being your best friend and all."

"I tried that a couple weeks ago," he replies, almost snickering at the thought in how he and Alex tried to coerce it out of Ryan with some foreplay desire following qualifying. However, while the trio had fun and was satisfied, it did not warrant the answers he was looking for.

"I guess the fact you are driving a different manufacture, you were unable to get anywhere. I thought there'd a bonus for friendship." Chase shakes his head no as he reaches for his Ashoc, taking a sip. "I even tried the same set-up which William has, and it didn't seem to get us anywhere."

"I just can't drive it. I don't know how he rolls the center being so tight." Alan shrugs his shoulders, unsure.

With qualifying on deck right after practice, eyes focused as the first couple cars began to roll off. Chase's eyes immediately followed the direction of a man he knew was in the first group, still not having a single complaint about the white firesuit.

He licks his lips a little in seeing the tight white ass, knowing no matter what happened in the next matter of minutes it would belong to him. His eyes don't lose focus on it as he watches it walk down pit road.

He watches as Alex walks over to where William was getting ready for his run, making a couple fun poses and laughs, before reaching in to talk to their teammate. He takes a calming deep breath, feeling his stomach flip in seeing the sight before him. He knew he shouldn't worry as Alex was bound to interact with other people, but damn, he couldn't push off the butterflies that surrounded him. His eyes tried to focus even more closely, trying to read the words being spoken off their lips, his feet fighting against his body to will him over there.

"Jealous?" He hears, glancing to his right, not one bit surprised in whom was standing there. He was one of a few who understood where Chase's emotions were, and it only seemed fair that he'd get a teammate while Alex had the other. "I just wonder what they're talking about, and whether your little friend is beginning to stray a little."

"Do you really think William would try anything like that?" He questions Kyle, although intrigued by the question himself. He never thought he would, but attraction led to where he was now. He never thought Alex would, either – even Alex admitting that himself, but yet they were now.

"Pretty sure Ryan would kick Alex and William's asses both if he found out they were doing something on the side behind Erin's back." Chase nods his head, knowing that to be more true than Kyle probably realized. It wouldn't be just the cheat he thought, but a cheat on their own relationship and a line they all said they would never cross, again. "Now I can't judge as I never thought Alex would ever stray that way, so who knows about William."

"You didn't mention my name..." Chase knew to not get hung up on the details, but it did have him intrigued.

"Let's face it – everybody in this damn garage knew something was going on between you and Ryan. The fact that you were with Alex instead was the bigger surprise." Chase smirks a little, almost wanting to blurb everything out loud and shatter Kyle's knowledge about it completely. If only he knew what else was going on right now... "So, are you going to have a little talk with Alex later, perhaps give him a spanking?"

"Would you like to come watch?" Kyle looks over in a combination of shock and horror, only earning a laugh in response. "Hey, you want to make all the commentary so might as well offer you a front row seat."

"I'd rather pretend that I knew nothing about what happens between you both..."

***************

Qualifying went just as Chase had predicted – starting mid-pack, with Ryan on the pole once again for the third time in a row. If only he could fuck his qualifying secret out of him.

Instead of heading to congratulate his friend, which he knew he'd certainly be doing later, he found himself focused back on a familiar individual. He sneaks up behind him, wrapping both arms around him as they reach the motorcoach lot.

"Chase, what if someone sees us?" Alex questions, trying to break out the grasp. It was almost like a punch in the gut immediately as Chase lets him go, feeling the jealousy from earlier return once again.

"You didn't care about that when you were around William," he comments, a little more sternly than he originally intended. "Fuck, I mean, you were eating up all the attention with laughter." Alex freezes, taking a deep breath as he turns to face his teammate.

"We weren't cuddling or showing affection like you are right now, and that's a little over the line in what we're allowed to show." Alex then reaches for Chase's hands, eyes focused on each other. "We both know that we're both friends with our teammates. You went away with Kyle to the west coast on a racing adventure, while William and I just have a lot in common. We all enjoy hanging out together, but you have nothing to worry about."

"Oh really?" Alex nods his head as he pulls Chase closer to him.

"You're the only person that I will do this with – well, other than Ryan but we know that's allowed." Alex then leans in, brushing his lips across Chase's very lightly. "Nothing can compare with the feelings that I have for you, as they are much deeper than anything I could ever have for William. I love you, Chase, and I mean that every bit of me. I wouldn't just tell you that if I didn't mean it."

"I love you, too." Chase then returns the kiss, as the pair remain focused on each other. "But standing on pit road, watching you both interact like that, wanting that attention and time together, I couldn't help but feel jealous. It's stupid because I know what we have together, and love every single minute of it, but I let it control me."

"It may have been stupid, but I understand. It's the same way that I felt when you slept with Ryan, and then welcomed him into our circle like it was nothing after what happened. I felt jealous of your past together, the instant connection, things you could share that I couldn't. I was jealous and mad that I couldn't do all that with you." Chase nods his head, understanding, having felt that in how Alex pushed for things to go quicker than they had originally intended together.

"Just promise me that no matter what happens – Ryan, William, anybody, that we have each other. We are each other's number one no matter what, and we come first for each other because Alex, nobody could replace you."

"The same goes for you, Clyde. You're always my ride or die."