Chapter 98: Bluegreen Vacation Duels

Thursday, February 17 – Daytona International Speedway

Alex walks up behind Chase, wrapping both arms around his waist as he pulls him close back to him.

"I wish we were both in the same Duel together," he comments as he lays his head on Chase's shoulder. "I wish we could work together instead of being stuck with William."

"William isn't bad as he's a good teammate and dedicated," Chase replies as he easily sinks back to Alex's arms, enjoying the embrace they found themselves in. "You could be stuck with Kyle like I am, who seems to like to rub it in lately."

"I wonder what he'd say if he was here right now." Alex then places a very light kiss on Chase's cheek. "Maybe he's just jealous that he doesn't get to taste your peachy self."

"I'd prefer to not think about that as I can't imagine him and I together." Alex smirks as he spins Chase around, pinning him against the trailer wall.

"That's a good thing, because I don't feel like sharing." Chase couldn't help but chuckle a little, though easily accepted the kiss that followed the comment, not having a single complaint right now – except time.

"I have to be on the grid soon..." Alex nods his head, accepting, though not allowing his teammate to move from where he had pinned him in the trailer. "You better have an eye on me watching my Duel because I am not going to take my eyes off you later."

"I may have to climb in and out extra slowly then." Chase wasn't about to complain, knowing the white of Alex's suit hugged all the right spots perfectly.

"I hope you know what will mean for you later tonight." Alex smirks as he slowly backs away from Chase, heading towards the door of the trailer.

"Maybe that's the plan."

The first Bluegreen Vacation Duel went smoothly with a couple successful moves made, as well as others that fell right down the toilet. Chase was able to make it work enough to score a fifth to set him up to start 11th in the Daytona 500, with Ryan not far behind.

Alex led a couple laps at the beginning of his Duel off of the pole, though felt his nerves growing in seeing the chaos begin to ensue more behind him. He then moved out of the way, allowing the majority of the pack to past, before slotting where he felt confident. He didn't need to lose the front row by wrecking here. he didn't need to cause the team a headache by being in a wreck when they had no back-up car. His efforts were awarded with a 14th-place finish – nothing fancy to write home about, but the goals were accomplished.

Once the Duel was complete, he makes his way back to the motorcoach, not surprised in seeing Ryan and Chase sitting on the couch together relaxing. He actually surprised they weren't doing anything else – and still found doubts about the situation.

"I see you repeated the same performance that we've been grown used to seeing from you and Greg," Ryan comments as Alex just nods his head in return. It wasn't like he was super happy about just going into a race, knowing the focus wasn't on trying for the win but saving the car for Sunday due this grand scheme. It went against every bit of the racer inside of him.

"He also won't share the secret to why the Fords can draft much better than us, no matter what I try," Chase adds, to which Alex lets out a sigh as he leans back against the counter sipping on a drink. That also wasn't the brightest thought to be having from the Duels in seeing how well the Fords drafted together, just like they had with the previous car, easily finding their own form of domination.

"No matter what you try?" Alex questions, actually intrigued by that again as it went back to his initial thoughts in entering the coach. "He's still wearing clothes so clearly you haven't used up all the efforts." Chase looks over at Ryan with a grin, licking his lips as he thinks about the fun that Alex was implying. It was certainly great to have options.