thirty one

chapter thirty one:

"Ren over here is dating Lia"
———

Lia and Kavin sat on the floor of his tea room as he tried to explain to her how traditional tea ceremony worked. Currently, Kavin was serving as the host and Lia was playing the guest. He was carefully serving her matcha green tea that he freshly brewed in front of her.

"And then after I pass the tea to you, you thank me by making my tea," Kavin explained whilst gently passing the bowl of tea to her. Lia nodded and bowed to Kavin. Her fingertips lightly touched the floor between the two of them, "Thank you for the tea!" she said in a happy-go-lucky tone. Kavin stifled a laugh to not ruin the ambiance that they had created.

After Lia finished making and pouring Kavin a serving of the matcha tea the two began to converse about whatever possible topics they could think of. Lia told him about her life back in Switzerland and how she occasionally missed it. Kavin listened attentively. Her eyes sparkled as she spoke about one of the snowstorms that occurred whilst she was at boarding school and how the entire school was forced to stay indoors for three whole days. He listened as she spoke about the bakery that was near her school and the wonderful pastries that they made. Her mouth was practically watering just thinking about it.

A loud ding was heard from the clock to indicate that the hour had passed. "Ah, I think that's my cue," she mumbled. Kavin nodded and carefully collected their tea bowls and cleaned them with the water container nearby. As soon as he discarded the dirty water she spoke up.

"Thanks for refreshing my memory," Lia said "Would you please finish?"

Kavin responded instinctively, "Yes of course I will finish,". Once he realized that Lia had somehow known how to close the tea ceremony — even though he had yet to tell her how — he looked at her with confusion and mild curiosity. She simply gave him a light laughter, "Kavin, I'm Japanese. I had to attend tea ceremonies all the time when I was younger,".

"Then why did you ask me to teach you?"

Lia shrugged her shoulders. A radiant smile that she was trying to suppress danced on her lips, "I just didn't want to go home yet and this was the best excuse I could think of,".

Kavin couldn't help but think about the hangout he had with Lia earlier that day. Every time he thought he knew her she just kept surprising him more and more. Quickly, he snapped out of his thoughts once remembered where he was: on a yacht with the other F4 members. 

"Here we go, it's time to celebrate guys!" MJ yelled pouring him and Kavin Pepsi in a champagne glass. Both of them cheered loudly. The other two members were sitting with a less than interesting looks on their faces.

"What are we celebrating?" Thyme asked dryly.

"This is an official F4 reunion!" Kavin said. MJ nodded and continued, "Plus, we're celebrating the fact that you're finally growing up and Ren over here is dating Lia!,".

Kavin abruptly spit out his drink, "you're doing what now?," he exclaimed. Thyme looked at Ren like he magically grew wings, "why didn't you tell us!". "You guys didn't know? Vinny told me yesterday that Ren and Lia had something going on," MJ exclaimed. All three of them turned to Ren and stared at him intently waiting for him to confess his relationship. Or at least waiting for some sort of explanation.

"Woah wait!," Ren said waving his hands around in dismissal, "I wouldn't say I'm dating her, though I would like to be. It's just... complicated? It's actually a long story, you see I asked her for a favor and then..."

As Ren explained himself the others completely gave their undivided attention. The only thing that could be heard besides Ren was the sounds of the waves hitting the boat.

And if you listened closely enough, you could hear the sound of a heart beginning to break.

———a/n

Guys i am writing this whole chapter in tears because i'm rewatching Your lie in April (since it's the month) and i forget how sad it is every time :')

I think my goal in writing is to get something that gets that much emotion pulled out of the reader as that show... or maybe it's just good because i'm also a pianist so i'm biased :)

Currently we're at episode 8 [1/5] in the timeline !!