chapter 28

Wesley's POV

Luke had asked me to go play video games which wasn't weird to me until he decided that we would go into Quinn's room and use his console. His room was clean, untouched by a single finger yet the smell of him consumed the bedroom. The sheets straightened out and his shades almost completely closed, the sunlight spearing in through the cracks between the two panels. It felt off to be in his room without him in it, laying down, his arms behind his head with a smirk on his face. I missed him and his devilish smirk, the one that got me all the time. Luke flipped on the light and pressed the 'on' button for the device as I sat down on his dark blue comforter. Luke's hand extends, giving me the controller, squeezing my hand for reassurance that everything would be okay as he saw the discomfort in my face. 

I heard as hands turned the doorknob, not wanting to look at the enavatale. 

"Hi," he spoke, his voice being so soft. I couldn't stop the anxiety, my hands immediately connecting, messing with them anxiously and my knee bouncing up and down. I looked up into his eyes, still the ones I fell in love with but this time they acted as if something was missing. "I got these for you," he said as he made his way over to where I was sitting, extending his arms would which were full of my favorites. Luke got up as Quinn gave him the nod. It was silence in the room but it reeked of anxiety. The words came out of his mouth like a snake would spit venom, fast and dangerous.  "Can we talk?" I nodded my head, I knew this day was coming, we needed to talk and should have the day he left me in the hallway. 

"I am sorry for leaving you in that hallway. I am sorry I gave up on you, on us. I am sorry I never let you explain and for me to not explain it to you. I am sorry that I was being a horrible person and let you leave. I am sorry for not texting, calling, reaching out to you. I am sorry. I love you and I will forever. I will try to make this work if you want it to happen, I will call you to say 'good night' when I am away and I will bring you flowers when I do see you, I'll take you out to dinner and a movie or to a picnic in the park. I will do everything in my power to get you back. Please. I love you." He rambled but since he said the first 'I love you' I tuned him out, I was fixated on his lips and how much he was professing his love for me made me happy and giddy on the inside as if I was a little girl getting a puppy for Christmas. I did what I thought was best. After he finished, I took his face into my hands, the stubble from his partially gown facial hair scrapping my skin. I touched his bottom lip before smashing mine into his. I felt like I had fallen in love with him all over again, this kiss feeling like our first. 

"I love you and I am sorry for not telling you who I really am, I was scared, and to be completely honest, I still am. I want this relationship to work, I want us, I want you so much and I love you for everything and I will never stop loving you." I said after breaking away from our kiss, our foreheads pressed together, my hands still on his face and his arms now hugging my waist. I felt at home again. He was my home. "Thank you for the flowers, they are beautiful, my favorite kind too, and also the food," I said, kissing his temple as got up and laid the flowers down, opening up the food and eating it, sharing what I wanted to share. I wanted to start things off slow, just like the beginning. I wanted to take him out to dinner or to the bowling alley, simplicity is key. 

"Screw the stereotypes, can I take you out on a date Q?" I said as I laughed

Hi! I would just like to say thank you to everyone that has stuck around with me since the beginning and has had to deal with my horrible updating schedule. I am working very hard in school but I am still making time to write. Writing to me is very therapeutic and has made my stress go down a lot in the last couple of days. Also, I am sorry if you got the notifications last night about me republishing the previous chapters, I did a bunch of editing and revising to make the chapters even better, I fixed spelling and grammatical errors, and trust me there were a lot of them.  I am also dealing with a hard situation that is affecting every student at my university as a guy I know got assaulted and is in a coma as of now. I am consumed by sadness that this has happened as it was a vicious attack and was recorded as no one helped him. Please pray for him and his family!

xoxo,

missjennagrace

You're not alone! Please seek help if needed.

Information about abuse.

Call: 1-800-799-safe (7233)

or TTY 1-800-787-3244

Text: "START" to 88788

The National Suicide Prevention Hotline:

1-800-273-8255

If you are having thoughts of hurting yourself please reach out to a trusted friend, family, or crisis line. My messages are also always open.