epilogue

Wesley's POV

It has been five years since I married the love of my life. Quinn and I have been traveling due to his career on the Vancouver Canucks as a defenseman. We have been trying for a family for a while but it has been taking a while, I found out after getting married that I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which makes it difficult to conceive and have a healthy pregnancy. It made it difficult to stay happy with the fact that I have never been able to have a positive pregnancy test. I went and graduated from the University of Michigan with a degree in English and creative writing, I had published one book and am working on a second. We have a dog named Tuesday because Quinn and I met again on a Tuesday. Quinn had been gone for a while for work since they are preparing for game 7 of the Stanley Cup against the New Jersey Devils, I know all three of the boys playing together finally. I have been feeling ill, puking, cravings and headaches. I decided to take a test, I stand waiting in the living room pacing back and forth while the test was in the bathroom. The timer on my phone went off as I walked into the bathroom. Looked down with tears in my eyes, positive. I had been waiting for this day for years and now my dream has finally begun. We were finally becoming a family. I got a text from Quinn saying he got done early and he was stopping at a Chinese restaurant to get dinner. I picked up the test and laid it down on the counter with a baby outfit I had been holding on to for years because I thought it would be good luck. I could not sit still, after about an hour of waiting for him, the door opened to Quinn with flowers in his hand and our dinner in the other. I told him to set it down on the kitchen counter and to get plates as I looked for a movie and then all of a sudden his movement stopped. I looked back seeing him stare at the test, I got up and walked over to him. His eyes never left the test laying on the granite countertop in our cute little white house that I dreamed of living in. 

"You're pregnant? We are pregnant!" He screamed, jumping up and down, pulling me into his arms crying, "You're going to be a daddy," I whispered, kissing him on the cheek. 

The pregnancy was not easy. I was struggling to keep going but I knew when our son would be born, it would be worth it. On a cloudy Tuesday afternoon, I went into labor. After ten hours of waiting our son, Blake was born. A brown hair and green-eyed baby stared right into our eyes as I held him close to my heart. His middle name was Jack, when telling Jack that we named our son after him, he sobbed, and ever since then, they were inseparable. Two years after Blake was born, I found out I was pregnant again, with twins. The pregnancy was a lot easier than Blake's which made it a lot better for me to be the best mom and for Quinn to be the best dad for our first child. Again on a cloudy day in Vancouver, our son and daughter were born on a Tuesday. I guess that means good luck right? We named our son Pacey Lucas after Luke and our daughter Chandler Lee after my college best friend Leah. Our family was complete, until a Wednesday evening when I found out I was pregnant again, this time it wasn't planned but it was the biggest blessing ever. The pregnancy had a lot of ups and downs but our children, family, and friends help us so much. We decided to keep the gender a surprise this time but deep down we were all hoping it would be another boy, but we were happy with whatever came our way. I gave birth to a healthy baby boy, coincidentally in the same hospital room as the past two births. He came out small but feisty as Jack would say, we named him Tatum James, we decided on having a T name from the beginning because Tuesdays were our good luck charm. Boys definitely ran in the family. Blake was a spitting image of Jack but a little taller, Chandler ended up being very tall for a girl, 5'11 with dyed black hair and blue eyes, and Tatum 6'4 had green eyes and brown hair. They all got their dad's athletic genes and played hockey as for Pacey, he got my brains. He was in the gifted student program from an early age, making the honor roll since elementary school, and loved to brag about it to his sister and brothers. He was into science and animals but no one ever treated him differently than the others, he tried out hockey but was never into it like his siblings. After a couple of years, Quinn retired and became a stay-at-home dad for the kids but started working part-time as a sports agent. 

As for Jack, he married his long-term girlfriend and has three daughters, Joey, Finley, and Kori. I found it funny because Jack was now a girl dad and to made up for all the silly and dumb things he did when he was a young boy. Joey played softball and did cross country, Finley played hockey, and Kori, who is like Pacey never got into sports. Pacey and Kori became connected by the hip because they were the same age and both were high in academics. Kori was the smallest of them all, 5'1 but energetic and smart, in middle school, she changed her perspective on sports and took up soccer to come more fit and healthy but still kept up with her competitiveness in academics. Luke has been single for a couple of years but has been focusing on hockey and his Golden Retriever Buddy. He had been very involved in both Jack's and our family's lives, loving every moment he had with the kids. Both Jack and Luke were still playing on the same team but Jack is close to retirement and by the graduation from college of his first daughter he was. 

Blake went from the University of Michigan where he played hockey like his dad and uncle Luke and to a degree in sports management but in his sophomore year, he got drafted into the NHL where he went first round and was picked to be on the Minnesota Wild. Chandler grew up and went to the University of Wisconsin - Madison where she played hockey as well and graduated with a degree in sports public relations and communications. Pacey and Finley went to Harvard and are working on graduating with a doctorate in medicine. Tatum went into the trades and became an electrician and Kori went to Université de Montréal, where she is studying education to become a health teacher with a minor in French. 

From the beginning I knew I loved Quinn and wanted to be with him for the rest of my life, to get a house and have a family, further our careers, and grow old together. And to say I fell in love with my best friend's brother

This is officially the end. Sadly but I am very happy to begin a new series. I love you guys and I appreciate the support you all have given me throughout this book! It was a rocky and horribly scheduled process but I am so grateful for everyone that stuck around with me! Hockey has been my outlet for years but just within the last year and a half, I became very involved with it. I am currently at college and am getting a bachelor of art in Public Relations and Strategic Communications Management with a concentration in sports media. My dream is to work in the NHL and I plan on pursuing just that after graduation. My hope and dreams are to work for the Vancouver Canucks but I would be fine with anything within the hockey world. But I also want to become an author and I am so thankful for this platform as I can start my writing journey and get one step closer to a dream I have.

xoxo, 

missjennagrace

PS... see you soon!