chapter 17

Jack's POV

The ride to the hotel from the rink was quiet, the blood was still dripping from my face onto the white shirt I had on. The snow was coming down thick and was covering the roads at a quick pace. As we got out of the car, our eyes met each other knowing we would be in for a treat trying to explain this to everyone. We entered the hotel trying not to catch anyone's attention until we heard multiple people laughing coming near us.

"Why are you bloody?" Wesley screamed at me as she ran over to me, looking at my bloody face and shirt.

"It's nothing," I replied. My head hung low, trying to not look at her.

"YOU! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!" She turned toward Alex, her finger now stabbing onto his chest. The guys looked at me in horror. I grabbed her and pulled her into my chest so she would stop attacking Alex.

"He didn't do anything Wesley. I made him do it. Don't attack him for something I asked him to do." I whispered in her ear. She looked up at me, tears forming in her eyes.

"Why would you want this Jack?" She whispered back. Her hand was now on the side of my cheek. She grabbed my hand, leading me to the elevator. Leaving the guys behind us. The elevator ride was silent. As we got off of our floor, Quinn and Luke passed us in the hallway. Their heads snapped in my direction. She swiped the key card and pushed me into the room with her.

"Explain now!"

"Wes I can't"

"Why what is so important that you can't even tell me, your best friend."

"Wesley, stop." I looked at her dead in the eye. My hands were now clenched and my face was even moredderhan it was before.

"What are you doing Jack! What! You resulted in violence and now look at you. Your anger is consuming you and for what! A stupid little secret!"

"WESLEY STOP PLEASE! I CAN'T DO THIS"

"DO WH-"

"I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU! CHRIST IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR! I HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH YOU FOR YEARS BUT I COULDN'T DO THAT TO OUR FRIENDSHIP! SEEING YOU WITH HIM MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE! I MISSED MY CHANCE AND I WISHED I DIDN'T! I TOLD ALEX TO HIT ME AFTER HE ACCIDENTALLY DID, IT MADE ALL THE PAIN AND THOUGHTS OF YOU GO AWAY! I NEEDED IT TO STOP! I LOVE YOU WES! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO HEAR!?" I screamed. The room when silent for a couple of seconds until her hands met my face as tears slipped from her eyes.

"FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU FOR PUTTING ME IN THIS POSITION! I LOVE YOU JACK BUT NOT IN THAT WAY AND WHY NOW! WHEN I AM HAPPY! HAPPY WITH HIM!" She screamed back. I let out a sob as she stormed out of the room. Why did she need to push this out of me? This would ruin everything and that was never my intention. She was my everything, even if we could never be together. I could look past everything if she just let me heal from the news I had heard days prior. I was happy for her because I knew this is what she wanted. I was going to leave soon. I was going to the big leagues and would not see her for months. I would be able to let her have a normal life.

Wesley's POV

I stormed out of the room still screaming as he had ruined everything. I was met with the guys in the hallway staring at me. I gave them the finger and pushed open the hotel room door. I slammed it shut and put a chair against the door so Quinn and Luke couldn't get in. I needed space and being on vacation with all guys made it hard to have that time. I hadn't felt this angry in months. I did what I needed to do... I picked up a glass vase and threw it against the wall, making it shatter at contact. That was the only way I could get the anger out... violent outbursts. I knew since I was a child that I had anger issues, I was properly medicated for years up until two weeks ago when I stopped taking them. I thought I was all better. No one knew to expect my family that I was on medication, not even Jack. He always thought they were vitamins, what a dumb ass. There was a series of hard knocks on the hotel room door and yelling coming from the other side, which I ignored.

"Open the god damn door, Wesley!" I could hear Luke yell through the piece of wood. Trevor's was another voice I could distinguish as well.

"Suck my dick, Luke!" I yelled as I started to cry. I walked to the bathroom, stripped, and started the shower. I turned it scolding hot and got in. The steam was starting to thicken and the water burned so bad that my body was turning bright red. I didn't care. As long as it lowered my anger spell, I would be fine. I continue to hear yelling and knocking for minutes until I would scream back, then it would silence. I didn't want to talk to Luke or Quinn. I didn't want to talk to the guys and I did not want to talk to Jack. If only I didn't come, none of this would have ever happened. If I never started dating Quinn, this would have never happened. My anger started to lower, making my decision to get out and dry myself off until I looked in the mirror and saw the reflection. A broken girl with a fucked up confusing life. My anger piked, now at 1,000. I couldn't contain myself. My fist went straight to the mirror, blood spattering everywhere.

"FUCK!" I screamed. My hand is broken but I punch it once more. At this point, I heard a large bang and feet running into the room. The door flew open and revealed Trevor and Luke. I was practically naked but they didn't seem to care. Both of them looked extremely concerned. I still didn't care. None of them would understand. Luke wouldn't either. They seemed to have the perfect life when secretly mine was horrible. There were reasons I was always at the Hughes residence and why I was always tagging along to sporting events. I had more secrets than they would have thought and I wasn't ready to tell them quite yet. I had dirty little secrets.