chapter 26

Wesley's POV

"Hey" I heard a voice from behind me say, I knew it was him. My face dropped and my body tensed up, I could not look at him. Why did he have to come back? I was just now rebuilding my relationship with Jack and was hanging out at their house more like before. I didn't want to see him. I wanted him to go away, to not be near me. He shattered my heart into a million pieces and I finally had found peace within myself, finally built a life for myself. In the back of my head, I knew I needed validation from him, that he knew he broke my heart into a million pieces, that he had caused me pain because he was my person and I was in love with him. So I turned around, I stared right at him and he stared right at me. It felt like everything in the world had stopped. His hair was long and hung on his face, his skin looked paler, most likely from the winter weather and at that moment. I had fallen in love with him once again. For years, I had gone unnoticed by him, I watched him from the background. I was there when he committed to Michigan, I was there for family Christmas and other holidays. I was always there and he never noticed.  But now, he noticed, he noticed everything about me. A small smile formed upon my lips. His lips mimicked mine. Then, it had felt like the world had resumed, came unpaused like a movie. 

"Hey," Luke said, pushing past me tohism older brother. He picked up his bags and they both headed to the stairs to Quinn's room. 

"Wes, you good?" Jack asked, his hand brushing up against my back. I turned around and pulled him into my body. I needed him there for me, I needed my best friend. 

"Yeah, I just need my best friend right now." As I said that he squeezed me tighter, there was no space between us. As we just stood there, I heard footsteps running up the stairs but I didn't care. I felt comfort that Jack was still there for me, like old times. I felt eyes on us like lasers going through me. I lifted my head to see Quinn looking straight at me. His lips pursed and his body stiff. "You can let go now Jack," I stated, his body left mine and his eyes traveled to where mine were looking. I didn't care what Quinn thought about me and Jack. We were going to be friends and that's it. Like it was and is supposed to be. Forever. 

Hi! I feel horrible because I feel like this book isn't the greatest for you guys but I am trying. Thank you for all the support and love ♡ 

xoxo,

missjennagrace

You're not alone! Please seek help if needed.

Information about domestic abuse.

Call: 1-800-799-safe (7233)

or TTY 1-800-787-3244

Text: "START" to 88788

The National Suicide Prevention Hotline:

1-800-273-8255

If you are having thoughts of hurting yourself please reach out to a trusted friend, family, or crisis line. My messages are also always open.