chapter 3

Luke's POV

I caught her staring at Quinn. Quinn had the biggest smirk on his face as she felt ashamed at what happened. Her head turned into my chest, away from the tv. I had lowkey had always wanted her to end up with Quinn. He was a tough one to crack sometimes and even I had a hard time getting him to open up but they would be good for each other. Her friendship with Jack made things a lot more confusing for Quinn and me. Growing up she was one of the guys, Jack's best friend, and someone who never seemed to ever have an interest in dating. At one point, I even thought she was into girls but that was quickly destroyed after she gushed to me about a hot guy she had seen at the rink who ended up to be Trevor, one of Jack's teammates. She had grown up into a very pretty girl who had her moments but was one of the kindest people I know. Everyone thought Jack and her were dating which made her laugh because she had only seen Jack in that way once... freshman year when both of them got drunk and ended up kissing each other. Which made things around the house very awkward for a while for Jack, Wes, and me. I was the only one who knew about the event because she told me. I never would admit it to anyone but from the time I was 10 years old to about 8th grade I had the biggest crush on Wesley. But seeing her go through puberty and the monthly womanly shit, turned me off for life. She was always there to watch my hockey games and to bring me to practices if no one else could. If Jack was away at tournaments that we couldn't go to, we would hang out too. Quinn never got to see her grow up, he never saw that she had broken out the "I am one of the guys" faze. He never saw her as anything other than Jack's best friend.

"Luke" I heard Quinn whisper. I had completely fallen into my thoughts. Wes was asleep on my lap quietly snoring and her legs were over Quinn as he lightly ran the tips of his fingers on the skin between her socks and the bottom of her sweatpants.

"What?"

"You have no idea how bad I feel about what I said this morning. I didn't mean to call her that, it just slipped out."

"Be more careful next time then, she misses him so much. He was her everything and now he is gone." I snapped my head towards him, my eyes filled with tears as I felt some of the pain she had been feeling.

"I am sorry Luke, for everything I have done, or I guess haven't done. I have missed out on so many things and I wish I was there for you, for Jack, for mom and dad, for Wesley. I wouldn't say I regret where I am now, I just wished things would have played out differently so I was closer. So I could watch you grow up, Jack plays the game, and to see how great of a friendship you guys have with her." He said quietly looking down at Wesley on my lap.

"You can wish, but until you try, Quinn I don't know if you are even the same person you were before you left for Vancouver. I love you but you seem so detached from everything here."

"I can't get attached because then it would hurt to leave." He whispered as he lifted Wes' legs and set them on the couch, walking up to his room.

"I got him..." I felt Wes get up and walk away. I never knew that's what was going on with Quinn.

Wesley's POV

"I got him..." I had been listening to their conversations and everything about it made me sad, sad that Jack wasn't here, that life itself didn't feel fair for any of us. It was temporary happiness we all had felt when we weren't all together. Once I had reached Quinn's bedroom, which was quite unfamiliar to me. I knocked. I was met with Quinn, tears falling down his face. One moment I was standing there in the doorframe the next where I was inside his room hugging him. His tight arms felt warm against my skin and his head was in the crook of my neck.

"I am sorry, I am sorry for never being there for you, Luke, Jack." He picked his head up only to rest it on the top of my head. His arms were still around me. I looked up into his eyes, his hands went to my face gently grazing my cheeks with the pads of his finger. At that moment all I wanted to do it kiss him. He leaned his head down as I tilted my head up. His lips met mine. Our lips fit together like puzzle pieces. It felt like lightning had struck my body, all I could feel is electricity throughout my body. It was a slow but passionate kiss, his arms pulled me tighter towards his body as I put my hand on the back of his upper neck, combing my hand through his hair. He leaned me against the wall, deepening the kiss. This was my first actual kiss. And it was everything I had ever wanted it to be.

Best Friends Brother │ Quinn Hughesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें