chapter 7

Quinn's POV

The fog storm wasn't letting up, Wesley and I had gotten to know each other over dinner at the diner. I texted Luke to say that the weather wasn't letting up so we would stay here overnight. It is now well past 10 pm and the diner has closed leaving us to sit out in the car for a while maybe even having to be there overnight.

"So," Wesley said awkwardly.

"So," I replied. "I think we have to stay here overnight, I have blankets in the trunk if you would like me to go get them. She nodded her head, I got out of the car, grabbed the blankets, and entered the car again. She wasn't in the passenger seat anymore, she had made her way to the back where she put the seats down and sat.

"Come back here. It is getting cold, we need to cuddle for warmth." She said with a smirk on her face. I agreed and went to the back with the blankets. She had leaned her back against the door, me doing the same. Now facing her, her beautiful face. Brown eyes, brown hair with sandy blonde highlights, the way she smiled when she talked. Everything. I had tuned everything in this world out as I stared intently at her lips moving.

"Quinn are you okay?" She said moving her body to lay beside me.

"Yeah just thinking," I said looking down into her beautiful eyes. I laid my body next to hers, propping my head up with my arm.

"What's in that head of your Hughes?"

"This," I said as I smashed my lips into her. It was a passionate kiss but short, I could feel a smile curved on her lips as she pulls away. I was disappointed that it didn't last forever.

"I like you so much. You have no idea and I don't know how to put it into words. Ever since the night, I saw you in Jack's bed. I knew I wanted to be with you, Wesley Anne Brookes!" I said laying my body down next to hers, looking up at the ceiling of the car.

"I like you too Quinn Hughes!" She said putting her head on my chest as I rubbed her lower back. We sat there in complete silence, I could hear her heart beating loudly.

She shuffled her body and did I too. Her back to my chest as I wrapped my arms around her body putting our heads on punched-up blankets we would use as pillows.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I said.

"Of course!" She said, I could feel her smile.

"Goodnight Q!"

"Goodnight Wesley!" I responded as I fell asleep. My arms got tighter around her body.

I woke up at the feeling of her shuffling in my arms, I opened my eyes to a bright sunny sky meaning the fog storm had passed. The sunlight hitting her face made her glisten. Her beauty was like no other.

"It's not polite to stare." She said as she turned around so our eyes would meet. I couldn't stop smiling. She was mine!

"We should get back home." She said getting up, climbing over the seats to get in the passenger seat. I laughed at her child-like antics. I opened to the door to the back door and got out, opened the driver's door, and got in. She plugged her phone into the auxiliary cord, playing the music softly. The ride went faster than expected. I dropped her off at her house before I got to mine.

"On my god! I thought you were dead!" Luke screamed as I walked into the house through the front door.

"I am great Luke!" I said all giddy. He gave me an odd look and then his eyes widened.

"OOOOOOOOhhhh does Quinny have a girlfriend!" He yelled, patting me on the back. I nodded my head and quickly ran down to my room to get away from Luke. I took a quick shower and got into some sweatpants and sweatshirts when I heard a knock on my room. I opened it revealing Luke.

"Hey, do you want to play some puck on the rink?" He said.

"Yeah, go get your skates on and I'll be out in a minute," I said, he left the room and I grabbed my gloves and a UMich beanie. I grabbed my skates and headed out to the backyard. He was already stretching.

"I am going to kick your ass Wolverine!" He screamed as I stepped on the ice. The game went great and of course, I won. But he slammed me into the board many times and skated faster than I had ever seen him. He had improved so much over the time I had been gone. For sure will be going places farther than just college. I was so happy for him and Jack. I was so excited for everyone's future. I wasn't scared of the unknown anymore.