chapter 36

Wesley's POV

Today was the day I was marrying my best friend. I woke up with nerves but also filled with excitement. I was now 20 and Quinn was 21 years old. We had waited two years to get married so I could complete more of my education and we save and plan for the wedding and honeymoon which was a surprise. The wedding was on the smaller side with just under a hundred people which mainly consisted of hockey players and Quinn's family since I really didn't have one. My mother was not invited which was my decision, it was my day and I did not want to have someone there if they weren't ever there, to begin with. My two bridesmaids knocked at my door early in the morning, waking me up and greeting me with flowers, bagels, and coffee. It didn't take long for our makeup and hair to be done by the professional I had hired. I wanted to look beautiful and I wanted to feel as if I was a princess for a day, marrying my prince charming. It was an indoor wedding, winter in Vancouver was beautiful. I felt beautiful in my long lace dress with long sleeves and a low back. My hair was curled with braids and silver heels. We wanted the ceremony to feel warm and quiet so we had dimmed lights in an oak cabin-like venue with little evergreen trees around the room. My bridesmaids were my best friend Leah, my college roommate Isabel, and my two friends who were identical twins, Amber and Aubrey. They wore velvet red dresses and for the groomsmen, Jack, Luke, Elias, and Brock were in black suits with red velvet ties and handkerchiefs. Brock had got his officiant license so he could marry us. My bouquet was white flowers with greenery as an accent piece. I wore the silver necklace Quinn had gotten me years ago. My engagement ring glistened underneath the lights of the room as I looked down at it seeing where the wedding band was missing but soon would be in place. 

"You ready?" Jack said interrupting my thoughts. His arm hooked around mine as the doors opened revealing Quinn at the end of the white aisle carpet, his hands coming up to his eyes, wiping away his tears, his face was bright red. Jack's eyes filled with tears and his lips met my forehead as he let go of me to stand next to Quinn and allow me to give my bouquet to my maid of honor and hold Quinn's hands in mine. 

"To say the beginning of our relationship was rocky would be an understatement, we had to keep ourselves a secret from many but truly deep down we knew everyone had an inkling that we were together. I remember teaching you how to skate and the milkshake we shared on that same day. I remember when I walked into Jack's room to see you, which I didn't even recognize was you in his bed. I remember feeling absolutely embarrassed because I looked like an idiot in front of the most beautiful person in the world. I remember our first date and first kiss like it were yesterday. I want to remember every single detail of our lives together and the memories we have and will make. I promise to encourage your compassion because that is what makes you unique and wonderful. I promise to nurture your dreams because through them your soul shines. I promise to help shoulder our challenges for there is nothing we cannot face if we stand together. I promise to be your partner in all things, working with you as a part of the whole. Lastly, I promise you perfect love and perfect trust, one lifetime with you could never be enough. This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things. I see these vows not as promises but as privileges: I get to laugh with you and cry with you; care for you and share with you. I get to run with you and walk with you; build with you and live with you. Wesley Anne Brookes, you are my soulmate and I will love you forever." He said as everyone started to sniffle and tear up along with both of us. 

"Quinn, on this day, I give you my heart, my promise, that I will walk with you, hand in hand,
wherever our journey leads us, living, learning, loving, together, forever. You have been my best friend, mentor, playmate, confidant, and my greatest challenge. But most importantly, you are the love of my life and you make me happier than I could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible... You have made me a better person, as our love for one another is reflected in the way I live my life. So I am truly blessed to be a part of your life, which as of today becomes our life together. I believe in you, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together. With my whole heart, acknowledge and accept your faults and strengths, as you do mine. I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family's love and happiness my priority. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph and I will dream with you, celebrate with you, and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person—my love and my life, today and always." I said. 

"I, Wesley, take you, Quinn, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; until death do us part," I said as a puddle of tears handed on our hands. "I, Quinn, take you, Wesley, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; until death do us part." He croaked out as his hand reached for mine, putting the wedding band above my ring. 'You may kiss your bride," Brock said smiling. Quinn pulled my waist into his body as his hands made their way up to my cheeks, kissing me ever so softly, leaving no room for air. As he pulled away, he rested his nose on top of mine. He was mine forever and ever, I was now Wesley Anne Hughes. 

THE END.