chapter 11

**flashback**

Quinn's POV

"Good morning Quinn." She said walking thru the front door of my house. I was making waffles, her favorite breakfast food. "I am going to go wake Luke up."

Wesley's POV

"WAKE UP LUKEY POOKY" I screamed jumping on his bed. He grumbled words that could not be made out. He rolled over so I decided to get underneath the overs with him. It was like a friendship like Jack and I but less. I lifted the covers and got in. He swung his arm up and proceeded to hit me in the face with it.

"Please leave me alone." He said, trying to push me away. He was acting so strange as he always wants me to snuggle with him in the morning. He was usually affectionate in the mornings more than later on.

"Why do you not love me anymore Luke," I said, slapping my hand onto my heart.

"Get out!" He said. I didn't budge. "I AM HAVING A MANLY ISSUE! GET OUT WESLEY!" He yelled. I was taken back a bit but then burst out in laughter.

"You could have just said something before I got into the bed with you," I said leaving the bed and walking out. I went back downstairs to be greeted by Quinn who was laughing.

"I heard everything!" Quinn said laughing his ass off. "Sometimes it just happens."

"Oh, I know. I have been having sleepovers with Jack since we were little. He was always insecure about it when I was around but he didn't need to be it's not like I never had issues either. I mean like when I am around you... I have issues." I blurted, making me regret what I said when it came out. He stared at me for a quick second making me feel embarrassed.

"It's okay, I understand what you are saying and I wanted to let you know, I have that too when I am around you too." I didn't feel awkward but something about it was super confusing to me. Yes, we had made out numerous times. Yes, I have thought about it but I never knew if he ever wanted to do anything past that with me.

"What are you thinking about in that pretty head of yours?" He asked.

"Do you ever wish that we would do it?" I asked.

"Of course I do... do you?"

"Yes."

"Good. I planned out a date for dinner tonight. It's going to be a surprise but dress fancy." He said, grabbing my hands and putting them in his.

We went into the kitchen as Luke came downstairs and ate the waffles that were so good.

"Luke, can you come with me shopping to pick something out for my date with him tonight?" I whispered to him making sure Quinn didn't hear as he cleaned up the dishes.

"Yeah for sure. Bring me to my practice at 10 am then after I can shower there and we will head to the mall when I get out."

Luke's practice wasn't too long. I had driven my car to the rink, not knowing Quinn would be there. I didn't want him to see me. Not in a bad way but because I wanted him to see me later all dressed up. Luke's practice wasn't too long, him taking his shower and getting ready took forever though.

"You ready?" I heard a voice behind me say. I turned around to see a smiley but not put together Luke.

"I am ready to find something nice... and you better be honest!" I said walking in front of him out the rink doors. When we got back to my car, we got in and he instantly plugged his phone into the aux. I drove to the mall with all the boutiques in it. The mall wasn't too busy. The first store was a bust. Too expensive and ugly. For the second one, I tried on a yellow dress and a dark red dress but Luke said not good enough.

"Come into this one!" Luke said as we partially passed a Boutique that looked way too fancy and expensive.

I tried on multiple dresses. As I put on a navy long-sleeved long dress with small gems, I knew this was the dress.

"Wow. You look beautiful Wesley." Luke said as I walked onto the podium that faced the mirrors.

"I think I am going to get it," I said, looking down at the price in shock. "Maybe not!" Luke shook his head.

"Get out of it and get dressed and I'll take care of it and no ifs and or buts." He said. I rolled my eyes. I got back into the dressing room, handing him the dress through the curtains. I got back into my clothes and exited the room. I saw Luke at the counter paying for the dress. I waited in irritation at the doors to leave.

"You didn't need to do that, you don't even have a job," I said.

"I told you I have it covered not that I paid for it." He said as I smacked him in the side of the stomach. We got back into the car, driving home. I dropped him off at his house as I headed towards mine. I grabbed the dress heading into my house. I was greeted by my mom who had a smile on her face when she saw me.

"Why do you look so worried? And what is that?" She asked pointing to the bag that contained my dress.

"It's a dress. Quinn is taking me out on a fancy date tonight. I am worried that I won't look good enough." I said looking down at my feet.

"Oh, honey you will look beautiful. So you and Quinn are getting serious? Does Jack know?" She pride.

"I think we are getting serious but tonight will affirm my intuitions. Jack doesn't know and I want to keep it that way!" I said, my mom, rolled her eyes and laughed as she shook her eyes.

"He is going to find out soon because Ellen and I have planned for you, Quinn, and Luke to go see Jack play in Plymouth." I was so excited to see Jack but right now I had to think about my appearance for tonight. I went up to the bathroom, took a shower, and curled my hair after. I put on some light makeup. I slipped into my dress and put on nude heels. I put in small sparkly earrings before going downstairs. Being met by Quinn in long tan pants and navy bottom-up which matched mine. My mom was also there, she was crying looking at me and Quinn together.

"I'll have her back before midnight Mrs. Brookes." He said, grabbing my hand and escorting us out the door. We were on the steps when he pulled out a small box from his pocket. My heart started to beat uncontrollably.

"Quinn it's too early to be purposing. Please don't. Not yet." I said starting to freak out. He laughed at me as he pulled out a beautiful silver necklace with diamonds in the middle.

"I thought I would need a necklace to go on my beautiful girlfriend." He said, I turned around lifting my hair for him to put the necklace around my neck. His fingers lingered on my skin after it was on. I turned around to him, a smirk was placed on his lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling us closer and planting a passionate kiss on him.