chapter 16

Alex's POV

He was suffering and I could not help him. He was the greatest guy I had ever met. Trevor and Cole, the other guys as well were great but they were not Jack. He was my brother that I never had. Jack knew everything about me. His family was going to be my ballot family in a couple of months. I have met his family and his other friends from back home. I was going to get homesick from my family but they knew that this was going to help me in the long run. To be a part of this program was a blessing. I had so many dreams. Dreams to play in college for hockey and go to the National Hockey League and hopefully, I would find out that real soon. I was going to play for the University of Wisconsin Madison along with Cole and some NHL teams were looking at me. Jack had a great future too. He most likely did not go to college, he would go straight into the big leagues. Wesley on the other hand would have a normal teenage life. Well, we hope she would. So far her life has been nothing like a normal life. She was best friends with a guy whose life was hockey and his family too. She was rarely home with her family, the Hughes family was her family more than her family was hers. I could see how much Jack love her before he even realized it. But I could see how much she loved Quinn and how much Quinn loved her. I had never loved someone but I know what it looks like.

I heard muffled crying coming from Jack's side of the bed. It finally stopped around 3am3 am. "Oh, Jack," I whispered to myself. I knew the pain would keep on getting worse, essentially when we get home. They would be around us almost every day and I knew he would never forgive himself for feeling this way. She needed to find out but Jack was the only one that could do this.

Jack's POV

Secrets eat people alive and currently, mine was. My mind was eating me away and my heart constantly hurt. Watching her with him. She smiled at him and laughing laughed with him.

"Jack, please don't let this eat you away. You haven't been the same since last night's conversation." Alex said. I kept my head down. I needed to cover my feelings up with the game. Hockey was always my way out. "I heard you last night." I couldn't help but choke out a couple of ofsobs last night. I couldn't stop them. I tried to be as quiet as possible but I didn't try hard enough. I needed a shower and hopefully, it would take me out of my thoughts for a couple of minutes. I nodded at Alex and got out of bed. After we both showered, we decided to try to get my head out of the state it was in now so he recommended going to the rink which I thought was a great idea. We just went with each other. No one else, no distractions, and no one I had to explain to.

I got the rink with Alex. Being on the ice always seems to let the things racing through my head to slow down. We did shooting practice and played 1 on 1 and were starting to get more competitive at the moment until Alex hit me into the board on accident. 

"I am so sorry Jack. I didn't mean to." He said with his hands up trying to defend himself. I smiled. It finally went away.

"Hit me again."

"What the fuck Jack no!" He yelled at me with concern in his eyes.

"I told you to fucking hit me again, please  Alex, please just do it," I screamed at him. I couldn't feel or think about her and him anymore. He slowly nodded. We skated around the rink, occasionally he would hit me into the boards. Every time we went around he would hit progressively harder. I let it happen until I saw spots of blood on the ice below me. I screamed as loud as I could, pounding my hand into the ice, tears running down my face.

"I LOVED YOU!" I screamed. Alex's hand met my back as I collapsed. "FUCK!"

Hey! Long time, no see. But I am back! Sorry, it's short as well. Another chapter will come out tomorrow night! This chapter made me so sad and I had a hard time writing this one because I have had the same situation happen to me. I was in love with someone that was in love with someone else. Anyways... it's daylight saving time so we get one more hour of sleep!!! Good night :)

xoxo,

missjennagrace