chapter 15

Jack's POV

I still can't believe that my brother is dating my best friend. It's kind of weird to me but I am happy they are happy. Today we are playing Sweden. A team that isn't too hard to win against. During warm-ups, I looked up and saw Wes and Quinn next to each other, a blanket shared between them. Luke was sitting a little farther down with some friends he knew from past years. My life has been crazy recently, thinking about the game, the guys, my family, and my future. It was all going a little too fast for my liking.

"Hughes! Get your ass on the ice." I heard the coach yell, kicking me out of my thoughts. I grabbed my stick and went over the boards into the ice skating to the group of guys that had formed on the line. Spencer, Cole, Zegras, Turcs, York, and I were on the ice at once. I was nervous about this game. My nerves were high and I couldn't stop thinking that I needed to impress Quinn, he was going to the big leagues and scouts were starting to look at me.

Wesley's POV

It was the beginning of the second period and we were down by one and I could just feel Jack getting antsy. Even from across the ice, it was like twin telepathy. His gloves twisted the top of the stick around as he swayed back and forth.

"He'll be, okay," Quinn whispered as he realized I was fidgeting with my fingers, my eyes glued on the players going up and down the ice. His hands met mine, squeezing them softly. I leaned my heaQuinn'sQuinn shoulder as his other wrapped around my waist bringing me in closer. His smell was intoxicating.

We had lost by two. The guys did not look happy as they threw their bags in the back of the cars. But Cole still had his million-dollar smile plastered on his face. Some of the guys were to TrevorsTrevor's truck and some went in ours. The soft noise of music and our breaths were all that we could hear. Once we got back to the hotel, the guys grabbed their stuff, Jack grabbing his and then putting his hand out for me to grab. His hand engulfed mine. I looked back at Quinn, he gave me the thumbs up and a smile. Jack and Alex led me up to their hotel room. They put their stuff down and Jack stripped bare ass naked while I was laying on his bed, I only saw his backside which is pretty typical as changing in the same room as each other has never been an issue. I looked at Alex and a face of horror was placed on it.

"Jesus Jack! Why are you changing in front of her?!" He screeched. Jack and I laughed our asses off.

"Alex it's not like I have never seen his ass before." I laughed. Jack grabbed a pair of boxers and walked to the bathroom. Leaving Alex and me awkwardly together in the room. "So. How is hockey for you going? Any scouts, in particular, looking at you?" I asked.

"I think the Los Angeles Kings. But I have already committed to the University of Wisconsin Madison for hockey." He said. I have heard many good things about that college and hockey team so I was happy for him. I always wondered what the guys' lives would look like after this. I knew Jack had a future just like Quinn does and hopefully Luke but I never knew how good of an outcome would happen for others. As we processed our conversation, we were cut short by Jack coming out of the bathroom. Wet and only in boxers. Alex got up from the bed and grabbed clothes, heading to go take a shower. Jack plopped down on the bed next to me still only in his boxer. His hands met the side of my waist tickling me hard.

"Jack. Jack stop, you are going to make me pee!" I screamed as he laughed on top of me. He laid next to me, both of us breathing hard.

"Can it be a W and J day?" Jack asked as we faced each other on the bed. I smiled and nodded. I miss him. I needed this, we needed this. He got up and grabbed some clothes, sliding them on then climbing back in bed with me. He turned on the TV, flipping thru the channels until a good movie displayed on the screen. His body became closer to mine, his arms now around my shoulders. I put my head on his chest before darkness consumed me.

Jack's POV

I couldn't feel this way. Not now. Not when she is in love with Quinn. I missed my chance years ago. I had girlfriends in the past to try to cover up my feelings for her. Wesley. My best friend. I never wanted to ruin our friendship. I have been trying to shut off my emotions for her for years. Her smile, her eyes, her smell. It made me need her even more. I swung my arm around her shoulder, her head now laying on my chest. My fingers running ran through her chestnut-colored hair. All I wanted is for her to be in my arms forever. My fingers made my way to the side of her face. I was abruptly taken out of my thoughts by the presence of Alex.

"Stop Jack. You can't do this." He said. I looked up at him, tears on the brim of my eyes. His face softened at the look of me.

"I can't do this anymore Alex. I missed my chance and I wish I told her before I left. Everything changed." I sniffled and shifted as her body was starting to stir. Everything changed but she was happy. All I needed to be was happy for her because she was happy with someone else and it would've never been me.

Hi! Sorry I have not updated in a while. College is kicking my ass and I have had a hard time getting inspired.