I-Land EP 4 (part 2)

Seon gathered all the I-Landers into the Living room to talk about the representative test. I felt nervous because that means K decided to switch me out.

“We want to change our rap representative. Jay, he can do well, but he isn’t picking it up as fast as he should” Seon started.

“Then who will replace him? I don’t know anyone else who can rap” Youngbin asked.

“We were thinking Emily would do it instead. And then Sunghoon will replace her as dance representative” He continued. I looked over to Jay as he held his head in his hands.

“So we wanted to make sure that was okay with Emily, first. If she’s not confident in doing the rap, we’ll take the risk and continue doing what we’re doing” K added as everyone turned to me.

“I’ll do it” I said and looked at Jay. “But, under one condition. Jay takes my place as dance representative”

“Jay doesn’t know the choreography, while Sunghoon does. We should do it with him instead” K tried to reason with me, but I shook my head and crossed my arms while leaning back on the couch.

“No. If Jay doesn’t replace me, I don’t want to replace him. Jay should be a dance representative with K and Jungwon” Everyone looked at me confused, but I stayed persistent. I knew they had a feeling putting in Sunghoon would be a safer bet, but Jay worked hard and should stand on stage as a representative.

“I’ll take the risk and leave Jay as a rap representative and I’ll stay a dance representative, if Jay can’t replace me. If he’ll replace me, I’ll replace him” After a while of silence, K finally nodded. “I think Jay can pick it up quickly. So Emily will be our rap representative and Jay is our new dance representative”

I smiled and nodded as I turned to Jay who I could see giving a small smile. He may not like me, but I wanted to do something nice for him. Plus, he wanted to be a dance representative in the first place so giving him my spot was the best thing to do.

---

“Are you guys practicing hard for the test?” Rain asked us. “Yes, we’re practicing hard,” We replied.

“Jay!” Producer Rain called. “Yes!” He replied and quickly raised his hand. “You’ve gotten better after I scolded you, right?” Producer Rain asked.

“I’ve been trying hard since then”

“You have?”

“Yes”

“Well, you showed it”

“Thank you” I noticed Jay giving a small smile.

“As you all know, there’s a battle between the vocal, dance and rap representatives. Did you guys decide your vocal representatives?” Rain asked. “Yes we decided it” Seon spoke up.

“Which two is it?” He asked. Heeseung and Geonu raised their hands. “Geonu?” Rain asked, as Geonu waved his hand and I laughed. Geonu and Heeseung stepped off to the side. “Who are the dance representatives?”

Jay, K and Jungwon raised their hands. “Just as I expected. Step forward” Rain said and they followed his order. “And who is our singular rap representative?” He asked as I raised my hand. He smiled “I expected this as well”

“I heard there was a shift in representatives, just yesterday” Song Sung-Deuk said as he turned to me. “Ah, yes there was. We switched Emily from dance to rap and Jay from rap to dance” Seon said as the producers nodded. “I like this change, I feel like how they are now represents their skills more”

“And from the I-Landers who weren’t chosen, is there anyone who thinks that they can also do well?” Rain asked as he turned to all the other I-Landers.