18

⚠️talk about guns⚠️

Hailee's pov
Not gonna lie, I'm scared asf about this whole situation. I hope it ends soon because I want to go home. I couldn't sleep. One, because I'm scared and shitting my pants right now. Two, it's a new place and I don't sleep well on the first night.

I lay there, looking at the ceiling for a solid hour. It was now 1:26 am and I still couldn't sleep. Maybe if I drink warm milk? I guess I can try.

I climb out of bed, and walk towards the door. I open it and thank god it's not pitch black. There's lights so that I can see and I won't die walking down the stairs. I make my way to the kitchen and I see Diego sitting on one of the chairs with his iPad in his hand.

"What are you doing up?" I ask him. He faces me and sighs. "Shouldn't you be in bed?" He ask as I sit down next to him. "Shouldn't you?" I smirk. "I just came here for milk" I tell him getting up to get it but he stops me and does it himself.

He wakes it up for me and gives it to me. "Thanks" he nods and I drink it. We sit there in silence until I finish it all. "Well goodnight. Don't stay up too late" I put the cup in the dishwasher, then huh Dig. I don't think he was expecting that but he soon hugged me back.

"Goodnight Hailee" he says and I walk back to my room. I stopped at the door, thinking will I actually be able to sleep? Nah. I make my way across the hall and into my mothers room.

I gently open the door and reveal them peacefully sleeping so I walk up to the bed and climbing in trying not to wake them up. But you know how mom has those black widow skills.

So she immediately woke up looking stressed or something but calmed down as she saw me. "What's wrong?" She moves over for me. Momma is still fast asleep. "I can't sleep" I tell her as I lay my head on her shoulder.

She plays with my hair knowing that it will make me fall asleep. I soon did. Let's say...a couple hours later, I felt a small body crawl on my stomach. I open my eyes and see Violet looking down at me with her thumb in her mouth and her blanket in her hand.

I gently pull her thumb out of her mouth and open my arms for her to rest. She does so, and I then feel momma's arm wrap around us. And that's how the rest of the night went.

——

"Baby, wake up" I hear momma's voice as she places my hair behind me ear. "No, I want to sleep" I turn around so that my back is facing her. I then feel the bed dip and I turn back around to see momma laying on her side.

"Fine, I'll give you a couple more minutes" she tells me and I nod my head closing my eyes. I think mom and Vi went downstairs or something because they are not in the room at the moment.

I'm freezing my ass off now because momma had to pull the blanket off. I pull them back on and snuggle up against her. She wraps her arms around me as I nuzzle my head against her neck. "Momma?" I speak with my eyes closed. "Hmm?" She plays with my hair making me calm down and relax.

"Is mom okay?" It goes silent and I can hear the dog barking downstairs. "Yeah, why?" I wrap my arms around her tighter. "I don't know. She seems off" I tell her. I lay there thinking of when we can leave this place. Don't get me wrong, I love this place but I want to back and be able to visit my friends and not having bodyguards around me.

"We should be able to leave today" she tells me. Damn those Wanda mind reading powers are really working right now. We then hear a knock at the door. "Come in!" Momma shouts being to lazy to actually get up. I mean I would stay in bed too.

"Hey, I brought you guys breakfast" Antonia came in with a tray with pancakes and fruits. "Someone told me it's your guys favourite" she says walking over and setting it on the nightstand. "Thank you" momma says. "It's no problem" she says leaving us alone.

We eat our breakfast and now mom, Violet, momma and I are in the room just chilling talking about when we can leave which is today I think. Anyways, I got bored so I decided to go and put the tray back downstairs and help wash it.

I walk out with the tray and after I close the door, I see Raf standing next to the door. "Good morning Rafael" I smile warmly at him. "Morning Hailee" he smiles back at me and I walk downstairs and see only Antonia in the kitchen cleaning something.

"Hey" I place the tray on the counter and I was about to wash it but Toni smacked my hand away so she could do it. "I can help you know" I cross my arms. "I know" she still didn't let me help her so I just sat there.

"So what school do you go to?" I ask her after a while of silence. "I'm homeschooled" she says and I smile. "Same" she nods her head. "So how come-" I was cut off by a loud bang. I look over at Toni and she looks confused but alert at the same time.

I was gonna go back to what I was going to say but another loud bang echoed through the whole house. "Was that gun shots?" I ask her and she nods. She gently places the dishes down and runs over to me and grabs my hand.

"Where are we going?" I ask her. "Shhh" she tells me so I shut up. She leads me down a different flight of stairs that I never seen before. "How many flights of stairs do you guys have?" I ask not so quiet. "Can you shut up. You're going to get us killed" she whispers to me.

Okay I should actually shut up now. "This way" she whispers still holding onto my hand. We arrive to a secret door I'm guessing. She presses a code in and opens it. It's a whole weapon room. What the heck!? I knew it. The family is in the Mafia.

We walk in a little and the door closes. "Okay now you can talk as much as you want since the walls are sound proof" she tells me but I had nothing to say. I'm scared of what's happening right now so I can't talk.

"Is she okay?" Dig rushes over to me seeing me just standing there. "Where's my moms and sister?" I ask looking around. They weren't here with me. "There are safe. Don't worry" he tells me. IM STILL WORRYING ON THE INSIDE.

"Okay, Toni you know what to do" Dig hands her something. "If I don't come back in 30 minutes then do it" he tells her. She nods. He then walks over to grab some weapons or something. "What are you doing?" I ask him. "Protecting you and your family" he says after walking out of the room.

Okay don't worry. Everything will be okay. Don't worry. Stop stressing. Don't cry. Don't cry...damn it. Here comes the water works. "Hey it's going to be okay. Don't worry" Toni hugs me. We stay like that for a bit.

It's silent but I can feel the floor vibrate from the loud gun shots. Why is my life like this?