WAP

Managing to stall just long enough for You Know Who's footprints to descend back to the hellhole they crawled out from, Peter dragged Harley back to the classroom. Harley had been losing his mind just enough to not to notice Peter's nervousness every time he heard his name down the hall.

"Wait, I've seen him get hit by cars on the news before, does that mean that you—"

"Shh" Peter cut him off as he opened the door to the classroom.

The room was fairly quiet, as if they'd just missed something big.

Mr Burley raised a brow at Peter, aware that one of the newer teachers just spent like ten minutes trying to pull Peter out of his classroom. Not only did he deny access to one of his students during class time, but he found it quite off-putting how adamant the man had been to try and pull Peter aside despite him being denied. The stranger didn't even have a good reason for it.

In retrospect, Mr Burley never did consider (and made it quite obvious) that make-up work was a good reason for a student to be pulled out of class, so when mr Westcott kept on insisting that Peter step outside with him when he got back, he'd been sent out more forcefully than any student had been.

It must've been ego-damaging in some way, because mr Burley was a highly respected teacher among the students for being so intimidating yet so down to earth with them. He also wasn't afraid to show off the stripper light settings from tech club he'd been given by a student a couple of years prior. That was one secret the entire school was alright with keeping.

That's why when he shouted at mr Westcott to leave, the public view on him to the students went down.

Peter had missed the final event that'd silenced the class while Harley burned pacing circled into the bathroom tile, so he was just as confused at Harley for the tense atmosphere.

Another thing. Mr Burley found it suspicious that Peter had managed to avoid the man's presence down to the second. It was probably a coincidence, but either way he had a feeling that anytime Peter was under his watch, there would be no situation that he'd let the new (and if he's being honest, kind of creepy) teacher take one of his best students. Plus, mr Westcott had a class to be teaching right now, so there was no logical explication why he'd go out of his way for Peter.

Mr Burley glanced over at Harley and Peter hunched over, whispering to each other faster than he'd be able to keep up even if he knew what they were saying. He swore, the youth of today had gained super speed when it came to spewing nonsense.

"So what you're saying is—"

"Yes, I could theoretically beat Captain America in an arm wrestle. We haven't tested it out yet but he was using my warm up weights for my muscle building therapy as his bench pressing. I'm starting to think I've misjudged his placement on power in the tower, or maybe he's had few too many donuts in this life of luxury" he replied swiftly, no hesitation in dishing out tea against one of his heroes.

"That has to be the coolest thing. Hey wait.. does that mean you could carry me around everywhere and not get tired?" Harley passed over a piece Peter gestured for, although it didn't mean much, since they were practically already attached at the hip anyways.

"What?"

"Like, I don't know, a super hot taxi driver but for short distances" he shrugged, entertaining the idea of having a bridal-style chauffeur taking him everywhere.

"If I had to lug your dead weight around all day, you're gonna go potato style" Peter was squinting as he carefully applied a piece into the frame, a little click worrying him from the soft glue already there.