0:

The first half of the project went fine. They planned it out, estimated how many days it'd take to get the programming done and wire everything and whatnot, and spent the next two days working nonstop on it.

Everything was fantastic.

He and Harley got to know each other better, and had exchanged numbers that morning. Harley began joining Peter, Ned, MJ, and occasionally Eugene at lunch, which had Ned asking Harley inconspicuously about any girls Peter was into.

That went down a rabbit hole of things, evidently leading up to he and Harley locked in the janitor's closet together.

Get your minds out of the gutters, fools, it was on accident.

Ned had confronted Peter about the whole 'mysterious girl' ordeal, after unsuccessfully finding out anything from Harley. Peter got so surprised, chocolate milk went out of his nose.

He offered to go grab the stuff to clean it up when the lunch lady walked by, so he made is way over there. Harley followed behind because of the buddy system rules they had.

"Do you think these doors lock when you close them?" Harley asked, listening to the squeak of the door as he pushed and pulled it lightly while Peter dug around for the rags.

"Probably not. I wouldn't test it though-"

The light left the room, and a small 'click' left an eerie echo in the room.

"Harley." Peter said plainly.

"Yeah?" Harley replied, pushing down slowly on the handle to see if it would open.

It wouldn't.

"Shit.." Peter whispered to himself, sitting down on the floor.

He closed his eyes, breathing a little bit heavier than before.

Closets. The bane of his existence.

Memories of May locking him up in the one in his bedroom resurfaced unexpectedly, sending jolts of pure anxiety up and down his back.

"Dang. I'm sure they'll notice we're gone soon enough" Harley shrugged, sitting on the floor as well, back against the door.

Soon enough, he picked up on Peter's breathing, which was getting more obvious the more unsteady it got.

"Hey, you okay?" Harley's voice was quieter as he scooted over in the dark.

Peter nodded, before realizing Harley probably couldn't see him as well as it was the other way around.

"Yeah.. I just.." his voice was more shaky than it should've been, even from a panicky standpoint, "not good memories with these kinds of places" he chuckled dryly, both wanting to, and hoping not, that the point would get across.

Harley took a second to recall why Peter was no.1 trending on Twitter the entire month.

Well shit.

"Uh.. it's not too bad once you get over the smell of bleach" he tried acting as if he didn't know, hoping it'd be easier with plain humor.

Peter gave a forced chuckle, wishing he'd been alone in here so he could just break the handle and blame it on faulty construction.

They sat in silence, Peter trying to calm himself down with his breathing, thankful to at least have someone else in the room. It was worst when he was alone.

Harley felt useless, just sitting there like an idiot.

"Hey uh.. do you want to play a game or something?" He asked, hoping to distract Peter in any way, shape, or form.