I really am a terrible person some days, arent I /:

When they arrived, Peter held open the door for Harley. Harley gave him a knowing look. The game had already begun.

They made their way over to the park. It was already dark out, and there didn't seem to be anyone on the street at all. Harley wasn't kidding about this being a not-very-well known place.

"So," Harley started, kicking a pile of wood chips over once they'd made it to their destination, "what exactly do you have against me, that could convince me to let you pay?" Harley asked, strutting over to Peter lazily, his trench coat swaying as he walked.

Peter sat down on the bench, patting the seat next to him.

Harley sat down, a confident look on his face.

"How about, I agree to go on a second date with you?" He proposed, flipping his hair a bit when it started itching his forehead.

Harley looked surprised, but hid it quickly.

"Let me one-up you there. How about I ask you on a second date?" He asked, letting his arm sling over the back of the bench.

Peter didn't give a moment's hesitation with his next reply.

"How about I be the one to take you on the next date?" Peter asked, poking Harley's chest.

Harley looked down at him with a grin that said he already knew who was winning this. Peter didn't buy it.

Harley leaned closer, his lips brushing Peter's ear as he whispered, "how about we go on the second date, and I let you meet my dog".

"You have a dog??" Peter whispered back, whirling his head around to face Harley.

He'd shown his weakness already. He was going to lose and he knew it.

"Yup. German Shepard. She's surprisingly fluffy for her breed" he leaned back, sighing as he spoke, "loves meeting new people".

Peter sat still for a moment, the cold catching up to him.

He had one more thing he could do, but he didn't know if it'd pass up the negotiation he could make from this.

He ended up choosing the latter.

"How about I let you pay for your meal, you let me walk you home and meet your dog?" He asked, hoping Harley wasn't paying attention to the whole thing so Peter could legally bind it.

"Nope. Full thing paid straight from me. Then I'll let you walk me home and meet my dog" he shrugged, "I mean, unless you want to throw in a make out session afterwords, because I can totally clear my schedule for that" Peter's face burned red, even as the cold nipped at him.

What else could he offer?

It didn't seem like he had many choices, but even with the ones he didn't have, they'd take a while to convince Harley to agree to, and he was getting cold. Really cold. He kept his jaw clenched so that his teeth wouldn't chatter, and he nearly regretted choosing the soft jacket.

In all honesty though, the jacket would've worked just fine for a normal person. In the winters, Peter already had a thick hoodie for his suit, and on top of that the physical exercise he did. This was sitting still trying not to seem cold.

"Fine, but" he interrupted before Harley could celebrate, "I'm paying for the next one".

"Not a chance" Harley laughed, standing up.

He reached his arm out to help Peter stand, who accepted.

"I suppose we will just have to see them, won't we?" Peter smiled, not letting go of Harley's hand when he finished helping him up.