Strange Man

- Merry (late) Christmas everyone 💛-

Peter and Stephen were sitting on the couch in silence. Stephen insisted on staying in the same room until Tony got back to make sure Peter was okay, but since neither of them really cared enough to talk, it was just awkward and long.

Finally, after about probably 20 minutes, Stephen striked.

"So, any girls?" Stephen asked Peter, deciding enough was enough and you had to start somewhere.

"..kinda?" He replied, not entirely sure how he should answer.

"Guys?"

"Uhm.. not really".

Stephen nodded.

Another long moment passed.

"Does Tony snore?" Peter asked, saying the first thing that came to mind to preserve the escape from returning to the previous agony.

Stephen snorted, "like a hog" he answered.

Peter grinned.

"You hungry?" Stephen asked, slapping his hands down on his knees, a clear sign he was about to leave the room.

Peter didn't realize how hungry he actually was, but now that Stephen pointed out out, yeah he was starving. He was about to stand up to go with, but Stephen stuck a hand out.

"I don't want you walking around for a while. You shouldn't have even been walking around before. Your injures need some serious care, sit tight". Peter wanted to protest, but he had to agree that it truly did hurt to walk.

There was a magical moment when the cloak Dr Strange had worn over his sweatpants and t-shirt came to life. Peter had forgotten that's where Cloakie went, and just stared in patient wonder as the cloak scooped him up like before. Strange turned to the empty space.

A glowing portal appeared, and Peter realized they were gonna go through it. It felt stupid, but he was so giddy to do so. Heck, he was about to defy so many laws of physics that shouldn't even be possible! He couldn't contain the grin he had as he hovered over the golden line into an entirely different room. It was exhilarating. 

Stephen threw a popsicle at him, which he doubt he would've even noticed if he hadn't felt the ripple of it running through his hair.

"Nice catch" Stephen complimented, unsure if a popsicle was the right thing to give the kid to hold him off while he cooked "don't move to quickly though"

Peter just ignored him and started eating it. He sat down on the fabric and watched while Stephen made a practiced meal. It looked like a toasted egg sandwich or something. It also looked absolutely delicious.

When it came time to eat, another awkward silence ensued. It seemed to be a common thing in this book. Maybe it was because the author didn't know how to pass time or show interactions, because this is how most of theirs went with new people. Who knows.

At least the sandwich was good. Peter thoroughly enjoyed it

"So, what're your plans from now?" Strange asked, concerned as to where Peter would be staying after this whole ordeal finished blowing over.

Peter hadn't thought about that too much, nor did he want to, so he just shook his head as if he didn't want to talk about it. He was going to hold it off as much as he could.

Stephen just nodded, planning on talking to Tony about it later. Peter was a good kid, and he wanted to make sure nothing like this ever happened again.

"I feel like I should apologize.." Peter sighed.

"Hell no, we don't condone that type of behavior here for such a stupid—" Peter cut Stephen off like he'd done Tony so many times before.