Oop

Peter woke up to a quiet chatter, the buzz of the tv in the background making him painfully aware that he was indeed a superhero with superpowers.

It made him realize it was a miracle he ever slept, now that he thought about it. Did his brain shut off randomly or something?

He laid with his eyes closed, just enjoying the warm rhythmic movement of the surface he laid on. He was too tired to accept being awake, but too awake to be considered unconscious. There was an occasional shift beneath him, both stirring him and luring him back to sleep.

There was quite a large one, and he dug his face deeper to try and suppress it. He didn't want to face the world yet. Not now.

Unfortunately, his thoughts caught up to him, and the realization that the heat and movement was from a living, breathing being was enough to make him open his eyes.

"What.." he squinted his eyes at the light, brushing the hair out of his face.

Facing upward, he was met face-to-face with a clean and cool cut goatee with a light closed smile.

"Morning, sleepyhead" Stephen's low voice knocked against Peter's head like a pan made of reality.

"Shit—" he flinched backwards, moving his head off of Stephen's lap and from beneath his comfortably placed arm.

"I'm sorry, I swear I didn't mean to" he rushed in a panic, his voice raising an octave as he scooted backwards, raising his hands in defense "I—I was just- I fell asleep and I must've- I'm sorry sir—"

"Kid, it's fine. I fell asleep too, don't sweat it" Stephen assured, concerned at how afraid was when Peter woke up.

He understood that it also could be the fact that he's practically a celebrity at this point, but he still felt a twinge of sadness at the kid being so fast to move away from him out of fear.

Peter noticed Tony in the room, and he eased down a bit. Not at a really noticeable level, but it felt like a lot to him.

Instead of trying to display his apologetic feelings again, he just nodded, biting the inside of his lip.

Both of them were looking at him now. Based on how dark the room was, and the fact that the walls were practically entirely made of window, he thought it safe to assume it was quite late into the night.

"Uh, afternoon Peter" Tony gave a little wave.

Tony was leaning against the couch, head resting on his husband's leg from the floor in a domestically comfortable talking position.

Peter waved back, feeling kind of bad now. He shifted a bit and rubbed his hands on the sweatpants he wore nervously, waiting for someone to do something.

Eventually, he had enough of the silent sympathetic looks from the two of them. Granted, it was only a couple of seconds, but he has his limits.

"How long was I asleep?" He asked, remembering it specifically not being night when he passed out.

Tony did that White Guy thing where he perfectly slung the sleeve of his shirt off of his watch with a flick, not a singular flaw in the movement. Incredible.

"Uh.. 11:56" he replied, looking up at his husband, who returned the mildly impressed expression.

"We've been talking for quite some time" Stephen commented plainly.

"Indeed we have been" he grinned, looking up lovingly at his husband.

One, it seemed Peter was forgotten (tragic.), two, gagging noises, and three, he most certainly felt like he'd interrupted something, and speaking would spoil that further.