Wrong Place, Wrong Time

Chat was already out the window when Marinette fully realized what he had said. Wishing he hadn't left before she could respond. The statement just really caught her off guard, not really knowing if she heard what she thought she heard. Although she really hopes it's what she thinks he said. If Chat had only waited a couple seconds longer she would've kissed him.

When the nurse took her vitals, she told Marinette that her heartbeat was unusually high for resting. Of course Marinette knew the reason, but she couldn't just tell her nurse, 'oh yeah, that's because the superhero of paris just told me he wants to kiss me'. You know, the usual.

Mairnette just hoped that Chat would come back the next day, and right when he did, she'd make her move. And if he didn't, then right as she was discharged from the hospital, she'd chase him down. As long as he doesn't think she was rejecting him. If only she'd reacted sooner.

...

Back at his house, Adrien was panicking. He hadn't meant to say it, it just slipped out. Even though he fully meant it, he wish he'd of just kept his stupid mouth shut. Although what was bugging him the most was that she didn't respond.

He had absolutely no idea what she was thinking. Was she not saying anything because she didn't know how to let him down? Maybe she was just shocked by the question? Either way, he guessed there was no shame in telling her he likes her as well. At least then he'd be able to get an actual answer, and not just plain and complete silence. He wasn't going to leave without an answer, that was for sure, he just had to know.

Tomorrow couldn't come soon enough for Adrien. He was so eager to just let it out, finally say it, get it off his chest. It was now or never, he'd already said that stupid thing, so there was no going back.

Marinette was checking the clock every couple minutes for hours. She was waiting till the usual school time was done, hopeful that Chat would come back. When he didn't come an hour after school ended, Marinette figured he probably had an after school sport or something like that. Hopefully not an akuma. She turned on the TV just to make sure, and there weren't any akumas at the moment.

...

A couple hours later, it was getting a bit dark outside, and Chat still hadn't come. Then there was a knock on the door. For a second she hoped it was Chat, but then figured if it was, then the knock would've come from the window. "It's open" she yelled to whoever was at the door.

When it opened it revealed Luka. She was glad to see her friend, but it was a bad time. She didn't want Chat to get scared off from seeing her with him. Especially now that he knows who she is. And with the whole Luka kissing me incident she thought.

"Hey Mairnette, I really need to talk to you" Luka told her. Something about the way he said it, couldn't help but make Mairnette think that he was about to confess something. And if he was, it was going to make tonight way more messy than she planned. "Yeah, what did you want to tell me" she said, dreading the conversation ahead.

"I need you to know, I really like you Marinette, and I wanted you to let me know if I have any shot. If not, I'll totally respect your decision, I just need to know" Luka said, getting it all out in the open. Marinette somehow wasn't that surprised with what he said. Honestly, she kinda already knew, even before the dance. She just hoped that she wasn't sending the wrong signals.

"Look, Luka, I want you to know you're a great guy, and I really do like you"

"But..." Luka said, already knowing how this conversation was going to go.

"But, my heart belongs to someone else," she said.

"Yeah, I sort of figured it out, but it was worth a shot," he said, chuckling a bit.

Marinette felt horrible. Luka didn't deserve this. He's an amazing guy, who any girl would be lucky enough to have, "I want you to know you deserve so much better than me. As much as I'd love to date you, it wouldn't feel right knowing my heart isn't 100% devoted to you. I couldn't do that to you" she told him. Luka wasn't quite sure if that made him feel better, but he was still sad about the whole situation, yet understanding, knowing that she never was his, and that it would always be Adrien. It always was and always will be.

Mairnette then opened her arms, wanting to comfort her friend. She truly hoped that they would still be able to remain as close as they are now. But would completely understand if he needs some space for a bit. Luka grabbed Marinette tightly, not wanting to let go.

...

A couple minutes back, Chat finally got the guts to go and face Marinette. He was going to do it. He would tell her how he felt, and reveal his identity to her. He was dead set on it.

Jumping from roof to roof, he held in his hand flowers he got for her after practice, wanting to give her roses. As he started picking up pace, needing to see Marinette. His heart was racing, he had made it to her window. He slowly walked up to it, taking a deep breath, preparing himself for what was about to come. It was finally time.

As he looked in the window, he felt all kinds of emotions, but definitely none of them good. Inside was Luka, arms around Marinette tightly, and he was returning the hug. As if that wasn't bad enough, those four words broke him, "I love you Marinette" luka had said, knowing he mine as well get everything out there.

Tears welled in his eyes, as Chat thought the two were together. As if everything was in slow motion, the flowers in his hand fell to the windowsill.

While hugging Luka, Mairnette thought she heard something, so when she looked outside, her heart dropped seeing him. Chat was outside her window, tears in his eyes. He ran away as fast as possible. Marinette then let go of the hug, and saw the flowers dropped on the bottom of the window seal. She started panicking, realizing what had just happened.

Chat had seen her hugging Luka, but who knows for how long, and did he hear him say I love you? Oh no, things couldn't be any worse. She started hyperventilating, her brain was hurting, and she couldn't think, not of what to do, not of anything but I need to fix this.

Luka saw the dropped flowers, and guessed Chat had seen their exchange, he was a bit glad about that, but all that changed when he saw Marinette. She was a mess, he didn't realize just how much she loved him. As much as it hurt Luka to do so, he knew he had to tell her, "go to him".

Right as Marinette heard Luka tell her to go, she thanked him, and transformed, swinging out of the window. Her entire body was aching, especially from not moving this much for over a week because of the accident. But none of that mattered. She had to find him, she had to let him know it wasn't what he thought. She needed to tell him she loved him. Tears flying from her eyes, hoping she wasn't too late, and that Chat wouldn't be akumatized.

When he left, he didn't know where he was going, but Chat new he had to get away, away from Luka, from this place, his head was spinning. When he saw the Eiffel tower, he stopped at the base to catch his breath. He ran so fast out of there when Marinette saw him, he couldn't breath.

The whole thing felt like one really bad nightmare that he wasn't waking up from. His heart ached more than he ever thought possible. Nothing mattered anymore, from what he saw, Luka had won her heart, and he was left behind. Chat fell to his knees, letting it all out. Once the tears started they wouldn't stop. He was consumed by the sadness, by the longing, and the only person he wanted to comfort him wasn't able to.

When he opened his eyes, his anger, his sadness turned to fear, as an akuma was flying right at him, knowing that if he was akumatized, Paris was doomed.