Patrol Night

Later in the day, the rain had finally stopped. Ladybug and Chat would have to patrol in about 30 minutes and meet up. Marinette was excited to see Chat again, even if they had just saw each other.

Meanwhile Adrien held the umbrella in his hand, remembering back on the first day of school. He wondered if he had seen Marinette first, would he have had as big of a crush on Ladybug? Thinking back to so many moments, he now see's how Marinette never disliked him, she was just always nervous around him because she liked Adrien, but now it doesn't seem like she does as much.

Although that meant there was a possibility she likes Chat! Or Mr. Blue frosted tips. Then he thought back to all the times they went dancing. He loved dancing with her at Chloe's party, it was definitely the highlight of that day, even that month! Then in New York when they ate the hotdogs. He was glad she grabbed his hand so they could dance together, flying, under the moonlight.

But then he thought how much he was in denial. He really called her just a friend every single time someone asked about the two of them. And now that he thinks about it, they were asked way more than normal if they were dating, or a couple, and every single time, "Oh Marinette, she's a very good friend". Just the thought of it made him go face down into his pillow.

Now that he knows who ladybug is, it makes so much sense how she happened to be in New York the same week he was. At least she convinced him to get his miraculous back, because if he wasn't Chat Noir anymore, he wouldn't of been able to get as close to Mari as he is now.

Chat was so caught up in his own head, that he didn't realize he had 5min till he had to meet up with Ladybug at the Eiffel tower for patrol. "Oh I know that look, not agai...'' Plagg yelled as he was sucked into Adrien's ring, transforming him into Chat Noir.

Marinette was so excited to patrol, that she got to the Eiffel tower early. She was surprised Chat hadn't show up yet. I hope he's not hurt! She thought, especially from going back in the rain. Ladybug was 2 seconds away from calling him, when he showed up.

"Sorry to keep you waiting M'Lady, I got distracted with something"

"No worries Chat, want to patrol together tonight?" she asked him. He said yeah, wanting to spend more time with her.

As the two leapt across the rooftops with one another. Chat followed Ladybug closely behind, getting distracted with his eyes on her. She was just so effortlessly beautiful. Ladybug and Marinette. It still felt like a dream, one he definitely wouldn't want to wake up from. The way her face lights up whenever she sees anyone together on the streets of Paris.

As they were jumping from roof to roof. A huge gust of wind came by causing Ladybugs hair ties to come out, leaving her hair down. She stopped moving, and so did Chat. "Oh no, how did they even come out, I thought they were magic?!".

It took a tiny bit too long for Chat to respond. In his defense, he was in complete awe seeing Marinette with her hair down in the Ladybug suit. She was absolutely beautiful. "Hehe, I guess lady luck's turned unlucky" Chat said, proud of his joke.

Ladybug hit her forehead with the palm of her hand, but couldn't fully contain the smile she had from his awful joke, which she seemed to be laughing at a lot of recently. The two then sat down on one of the taller buildings, looking over Paris.

"Hey ladybug, there's something I've been meaning to talk to you about" Chat said. He was nervous, because he was about to ask her if he could tell Marinette his secret identity which is her.

"Yeah Chat, what's up?". LB was curious as to what he wanted to bring up. She didn't remember anything too big happening. But then she remembered the talk from earlier, and the dance. She wondered if that could have anything to do with what he wanted to talk about.

"Look, there's this girl that I really like, and I'd trust her with my life. I'm asking you if I'd be able to share my identity with her. I know it's not something you're too big on, but she means a lot to me, and she deserves to know". Of course he knew he was talking to the person he wanted to share his identity with, but he had to make it sound like he was fully asking her. Even so, everything he said was true, she meant more to him that she could, and would, ever know.

Ladybug on the outside was trying to keep a calm, posed demeanor. But it was insanely hard when Chat said that he really cares for her. Well, not LB, her, but Marinette. Funny how that worked out. "Chat, I trust your judment, and if it's something you want to do, I'm sure it's the right decision" she told him.

Even though Chat already knew her answer since he talked with her as Marinette earlier, he still was super excited to hear her say yes. It made him feel better, knowing that she wanted to know who he is. As long as she doesn't get mad that Adrien's been using Chat to get closer with her... Naww, he'll be fine.

"Wait, there's something I really need to tell you" LB told Chat. Chat got super nervous, because Ladybug was being completely serious with her tone of voice, no humor in it whatsoever. "With the icicle incident, I really thought I could take care of it on my own, but I wasn't able to, and I ended up passing out and detransfomrming at a friend's house" she said. She feels bad saying this knowing that her and Chat thought the first people they'd reveal themselves to was each other.

Chat didn't know what to say at that moment. Although it explained the whole Luka couch situation a lot better. Although that means Luka knows who she is, and he knows who Chat is. What if he tries to get in the way of their team?! What if he convinces her to let him keep the Snake Miraculous full time?! Then he realized he probably should've said something by then, so he says "I understand, but I want you to know that you can always let me help you when the time comes."

Ladybug felt even worse so she started rambling on and on about how, "I'm so sorry, I really wanted you to be the first person to figure it out, but it just happened. I guess I was a bit scared of you finding out who I am under the mask" she said looking down at the ground.

Chat was confused so he asked, "Why would you be?"

She just responded with, "because I'm not Ladybug. She gives me strength and confidence. I'm nothing like her in real life".

Chat hated that she truly couldn't see that she's ladybug with or without the mask. So he lifted her chin up to look at him, and he said "I doubt that. I guarantee you're all her but more!".

He then told a couple more cheesy jokes, before they parted their separate ways for the night. In two days, there will be no more secrets. She'll finally find out who Chat Noir is behind the mask.