Beach Day pt. 2

Marinette stood up from the water, soaking wet from head to toe, "Oh, it's on!" she yelled as she continued to chase Luka around in the water. She was on full crazy mode, taking down whoever she was able to, water splashing everywhere.

Adrien was only waist deep in the water, when Marinette whooshed by, splashing water on him, totally getting him all drenched. "Two can play that game!" he yelled.

The group was having a full on water war, water flying everywhere, it didn't matter who you were, Marinette's goal was to strike everyone. They all chased each other in the water, having a super fun time.

Then in the more shallow end, Adrien was running from Nino while Marinette was running from Alya and Luka. The two weren't watching where they were running and heard a faint, "Watch out!" from Nino before they collided.

The two accidentally bumped into each other, falling over. Marinette landing on top of Adrien. His face was as red as a lobster while Marinette was trying not to die of laughter, "I'm so sorry Adrien" she barely got out between breaths. He was very aware of the position they were in. He felt like his body was on fire, then before she could register it, Luka picked her up by the arms, splashing water all over her.

"Got you!" he yelled.

"Hey! That's not fair! I had a collision on the field" Marinette said back.

The group then just started laughing, and Nino helped up Adrien, whispering in his ear, "Dude, don't let him steal your chance with Mari" he said, hoping his friend's obliviousness could go away just one day so he could actually make smart decisions.

Right then and there, Adrien decided he was going to try and win back over Marinette, whether it was as Adrien or as Chat, but that didn't mean he couldn't try for both. At this point he didn't care about Luka's threat. Marinette seems fine with Adrien, so that means she should be fine with Chat as well, if she finds out he's Chat, hopefully.

The next activity was building sand castles. Adrien knows Marinette loves design, so what if he was able to win her over with his (hopefully) amazing piece of art that is going to be his sand castle. Luka had the same idea though. The two boys were so focused on trying to make the others sand castle look bad, that they didn't even notice what Marinette was making.

She had been completely and utterly focused on her sand castle, and Marinette had made a piece of art. The sand Castle was a similar build to Cinderella's castle at Disney World. She even had a little bridge, across a moat she made by packing down the sand then filling it with water. Proud of her work, Alya and Nino (the judges) came over and announced, "We have our winner ladies and gentlemen".

That got the two guys to look over at Marinette with a huge smile on her face, sitting next to an absolutely beautiful looking sand castle. If Alya handn't see it with her own eyes, they would've thought it was fake, or cardboard, or something.

Then Marinette spotted a sign, advertising paddle board rentals. "Guys, we have to do those, they're so fun" she said.

Of course Luka and Adrien agreed right away. Kagami Alya and Nino just laughed to themselves at how ridiculous the situation was in front of them.

While Luka and Adrien went to retrieve the rented paddle boards, Alya came up to Marinette, "I love your swimsuit, you know, it reminds me of... oh yeah that's right, the superhero my friends dating!"

"Alya, we're not dating... yet". She meant to say that last part in her head, but instead said it out loud.

"HAH! I KNEW you like him! There's no denying it now".

"Fine, I do like him, but you can't say anything" Mairnette said.

But then she jumped in surprise to hear, "Who's this person you like" luka said while him and Adrien stood behind the girls, back with their paddle boards.

"Oh, hehe, nothing, no one, definitely no one" Marinette said, but it was painfully obvious how much she was lying. But they decided not to press any further so they could start with paddleboarding in the water.

As they were walking into the water, Adrien tried nonchalantly asking Alya, "So... who were you guys talking about?".

But she wasn't budging, "wouldn't you like to know",

"I was just curious, you know"

"I'll give you a hint, what do Marinette's bathing suit colors remind you of?", then she jumped farther into the water on her paddle board.

Adrien looked back at Marinette, watching her try and balance on the board. She's so beautiful. Then he snapped back and looked at her swimsuit real quick, black and green. He hoped it was who he thought he was thinking of.

As the group traveled further out on the paddle boards, Luka was getting annoyed with Adrien. He thought he told him to back off, but he didn't seem to be getting the hint. Luka really doesn't want to have to tell Mari his secret, because in all honesty he's afraid that that'll only make her like Adrien more after realizing just how much she likes Chat.

In an attempt to embarrass Adrien a bit, Luka "accidentally" hit Adrien's paddle board with his paddle. Adrien wasn't af first paying attention to what Luka was doing, since he was too busy chatting it up with Marinette. Nino could practically see the hearts in his eyes.

But then something hit his board and he went toppling over, accidentally taking Marinette down with him off of her paddle board as well. The two collided, Adrien as a reflex grabbed her shoulders, hoping they'd keep him up, not meaning to take her down with him as well.

Luka instantly realized his mistake. When the two resurfaced for air Adrien quickly said, "Marinette, I'm so sorry! Are you ok?".

She just responded with a bunch of laughter and said, "and I thought I was the clumsy one" as they began to laugh with each other. Luka just groaned at another one of his failed attempts to get them to stop being so buddy buddy.

When they stopped laughing Marinette and Adrien were still in the water. His eyes never left her, and when she looked back at him with a huge smile, he felt like they were the only two people in the ocean, in fact in the entire world! He could never get enough of her smile.

"C'mon Adrien, we should probably get back on the boards" she said as she hopped back on hers. Adrien waited for her to make it back on before he got on his just in case she would accidentally fall again. "Guys guys, they have snorkeling here!!!" Alya excitedly said as she grabbed Nino's board pulling him along with her.

"Lets catch up with them" Luka said, his words directed towards Marinette, pushing her board farther away from Adrien's. Adrien followed close behind on the way to the shore.

Once they put the boards away, Alya and Nino had already gotten all the snorkeling gear. "She really moves fast, huh," Marinette said.

Adrien and Luka replied "yeah" at the exact same time.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Marinette said to Kagami?

"Yes Marinette, I'm  fine here". She really was. Reading her book in peace in the nice warm sun was all she needed to do at the moment.

The group then put on their gear and headed a bit farther out in the water. Then they all went down at the same time. As they explored the pretty reefs around them, Marinette was getting a lot of attention.

Luka and Adrien watched in amusement as bright colored fish swarmed around Marinette as she just held out her hands as one of the fish swam right by it. Adrien thought, I guess the name Princess really suits her, she's like snow white but under water. The thought made him chuckle to himself. Luka looked over at Agreste, thinking, what's so funny.

While snorkaling, Alya was able to touch the shell of a huge turtle that wondered by, Nino was glad she got to experience that. He just gave the turtle a fist bump, having respect for the creature since it reminded him of his kwami Wayzz.