He said What?!

After Chat had left, Marinette notified the nurses she was awake. They examined her and told her she'd be good to go in 2 days, and that they wanted her at the hospital for observation to make sure her breathing's ok.

School had started, and all Adrien could do was think about last night. Being able to hold her in his arms, and it felt so good to let her know he knows who she is. He was on cloud 9. He just needed to let her know who he is, then they could be together, hopefully. During Lunch, him Nino and Alya decided to pay Marinette a visit, bringing her food from the bakery.

"Hi Tom and Sabine, I'm here to pick up Marientte's food" Alya said with Adrien and Nino trailing behind.

"Thank you dear, we're glad you could get it to her, she misses all of you" Sabine told them. Adrien couldn't help but feel like she was looking directly at him when they said that, almost like she knew something. He smiled and brushed it off, not wanting to overthink anything.

The three of them were walking, when Adrien decided to tell his friends, "I think I'm going to do it" he said out loud, even though it was more of a thought.

Nino and Alya were a bit confused, but she had an idea of what he was talking about. "What is it dude?" Nino asked, not being on the same page as Alya.

"I want to tell Marinette how I feel. After the fire incident, it just made me realize I should say something, because you never know what could happen" Adrien told them.

Alya and Nino were supper happy that he wants to tell him, but Alya knows her friend likes Chat Noir. But she thought that if Adrien really is Chat, then that means he likes her back! Playing it cool, Alya tells Adrien, technically not Chat, "Adrien, there's something I should tell you".

When she told him that, Adrien was a bit concerned with the tone of her voice, almost as there's something he wouldn't want to hear. "What is it?" he asked her, needing to know. Now, Alya was like 99% sure they're the same person, so for this to go right, he'd need to ask her out as Chat, so to guide him in the right direction, she said, "Well, the truth is, Marinette does like someone, and I know who it is".

Adrien's heart dropped, from what it sounded like, Marinette likes someone, but from her tone it doesn't sound like it's him. Hesitantly, he asked her "Wh-who is it?" as if the question was hurting him. As much as he didn't want to know, he had to at the same time, needing to know who managed to steal her heart. The anticipation was killing him, needing to know who it is, as if his life depended on it, because for him, it really felt like it did.

"Ok, this isn't coming from me because she'd kill me, but don't make fun of what I'm going to say, I'm not positive, but I think she likes this guy..." Alya was saying, wanting Adrien to then get the hint that he should definitely ask her out as Chat because if he did it as Adrien he'd get rejected. Funny how that works.

On the edge of his seat, Adrien waited for the name to come out, dying from anticipation. Some of the names that scrolled through his brain out of desperation were, "Luka, Nathaniel, Kim, Max", but he wasn't prepared for what came out of Alya's mouth.

"... and you know him, it's actually Chat Noir" Alya said, waiting to see what Adriens reaction would be. But she watched him as he was frozen from shock.

Nino walked over to his friend and moved his hand in front of Adrien's face, but he wasn't moving. "I think you broke him, how does Marinette have a crush on a superhero?" Nino asked Alya.

She replied back, "First off it's not a crush, and it's a long story, I'll tell you later".

Meanwhile in Adrien's brain, he couldn't have prepared himself for the truth. Since he was heartbroken just a second ago, thinking Marinette was in love with some other guy. Marinette likes me, Marinette's Ladybug, Ladybug's Marinette, Ladybug likes me, was repeating over and over in his brain. He wanted to jump around in joy, screaming from the top of his lungs, She likes me!!! Well, technically She probably likes me!!! And he was clinging onto that probably, because that was enough for him to make his decision, he was 100% going to tell her his identity.