The Dance Pt. 2

Everyone headed into the limo. Ladies first on one side. Then the guys across from them, Nino once again sat in between thing one and thing two aka dumber and dumber aka Luka and Adrien. The ride mostly consisted of the girls talking about what they think the Venue will look like at the dance. The guys pretty much remained silent, besides Nino hyping up Adrien for later, which Luka thankfully didn't hear.

"I can't wait to see the venue, I'm sure it's gorgeous!" Alya exclaimed.

"I'm sure it will be practical and well decorated," Kagami added.

Marinette wasn't thinking so much about the venue, but what would be happening at the venue. She sighed putting her head against her hand saying, "It'll look great, but I can't wait to see what happens. I'm just so nervous!" she said, but in a good way. Like when you have butterflies in your stomach.

"So what's the plan dude, I'm thinking during the dance you could..." Nino was saying to Adrien. He wanted to listen to his friend, he really did, but his focus was all on Marinette. She was the only other person in the limo with him in his mind. He just nodded along to what Nino was saying while seeing Marinette smiling from the corner of his eye, making him smile as well. "... so what do you think Adrien. Adrien? Earth to Adrien" Nino said waving his arms in front of his friend, noticing his attention was elsewhere.

"Sorry Nino, got a bit distracted," Adrien said. Nino looked between his friend and Marinette, giving Adrien an, 'I know that look' look. He was so proud of his bro. They grow up so fast. He just couldn't wait for them to actually be able to go on double dates. Instead of triple dates with Luka and Kagami as well. Those just screamed, 'awkward'.

...

When they finally arrived at the Mayor's hotel, the girls got out of the limo first, followed by Nino, and right as Adrien was about to get out, he was pulled back by Luka. "Don't think I haven't noticed you making heart eyes at Marinette all night, keep your eyes to yourself Agreste" Luka said before pushing Adrien a bit to the side to step out of the ride first.

When Adrien got out he saw Luka putting his jacket around Marinette since it was a bit colder out. As much as Adrien would love to go over there, punch Luka square in the jaw, then pick up Marinette and run away into the sunset with her, he couldn't. Marinette wouldn't forgive him. Plus he had to remain somewhat positive so he won't get akumatized. That would ruin the whole night for sure.

He then offered his own jacket to Kagami, a friendly gesture so she wouldn't get cold until they made it into the main party space. They were welcomed with a few photos. Adrien knew his dad would love seeing the photos of him and Kagami. The 'perfect' little couple. How he couldn't wait to throw it back at him.

Reaching the top of the hotel, the patio looked like a whole different world. There was a dance floor with a huge white tent over it. Inside the tent were hanging flowers, all beautiful shades of pink, red, white, blue, really any color you could name. It looked like it was straight out of a movie.

Marinette's eyes went wide, thinking about how she would get to dance with Chat tonight. Although she still didn't understand how he was getting into the dance. But, if anyone could do it, it would be him. Adrien saw Marinette staring at the dance floor, and daydreamed, taking her hand and leading her in a dance to their song, never letting go, and... "Earth to Adrien!" Nino yelled.

"Sorry Nino, I was,"

"A bit distracted, yeah I could tell" Nino responded patting his friend on the back.

Chloe came running at Adrien saying, "Oh Adrikins, isn't my party amazing! I wanted it to be perfect for..."

"Look Chloe, Adrien is here as my date, so I suggest you find your own'' Kagami said standing between Chloe and Adrien. Even if she knew Adrien wasn't really her date, she still wanted to help him out, knowing how annoyed he is by Chloe, even if he doesn't say anything, not wanting to be mean.

Adrien silently thanked Kagami with a look, and she nodded back in understanding. Adrien was nervous enough with the whole reveal thing, he didn't need to have to be worrying about Chloe as well.

Some popular throwbacks came on and Alya dragged everyone onto the dance floor. They were having a bunch of fun dancing to the Cupid Shuffle, some Mr. Worldwide, the classics. Everyone got so tired that they went to get some punch to cool off.

Adrien saw Marinette had her drink in one hand and needed to use her phone with the other, so he went over and said, "I can refill your drink if you want".

He swore his heart stopped when she looked at him, "Thanks Adrien, you're a lifesaver" Marinette told him. Even though he's seen her already for so long in that dress, he couldn't get over that not only did it look stunning, as well as her, but that she even made it herself!

He took the drink cup from her hand and re-filled it with the punch. As he walked back to her she seemed to be finishing up texting whoever she was talking to. He watched amusingly as she put her phone into pockets on the dress he didn't even knew existed. Marinette saw him looking at the pockets and was excited that someone noticed, "You like them! I just had to add pockets on the dress! They really come in handy, that's for sure".

Watching her talk so passionately about the pockets she put on her dress was adorable. The more she was excited about something the more he wanted to know. Adrien smiled along with Marinette talking about some of the designs of her dress, while handing her her drink. "Thank you Adrien! Sorry, you probably didn't want to hear so much about pockets" she said laughing a bit nervously, feeling a bit stupid for rambling on.

"Never apologize for being passionate about something. I could listen to you talk about pait dry and it'd still be the most interesting thing in the world" he said back to her, Giving Marinette his biggest, most genuine smile. In that moment she felt lost in his gaze, smiling along with him, feeling so comfortable; so familiar...

But as soon as it came, she was struck with the thought of meeting Chat in around an hour, and as much as a part of her still liked Adrien, she couldn't do that to Chat. Breaking the moment, Marinette took a sip of her drink. Immediately regretting swallowing it.

Adrien noticed the face she made when taking the drink. "What's wrong?" he asked, wanting to make sure she's ok.

"I think *cough* someone spiked the punch" she told him.

Adrien's eyes went wide, seeing that Marinette just drank a whole glass of that stuff. "Are you going to be ok?" he asked, putting a hand on her shoulder, making sure the alcohol wouldn't affect her too much.

She noticed the hand on her shoulder, and old Marinette came out saying, "Oh, psh, I- I'll be fineee".

All of a sudden Alya came barging over dragging Nino along with her, yelling, "Mari you HAVE to come dance with me!". Adrien could tell Alya was being even more energetic than usual.

"Alya, how much of the punch did you have?!" Adiren yelled so she'd hear him over the music.

"Three Glasses!!!! Let's partay!!!" Alya yelled while yanking Marinette along with her. Adrien just laughed seeing marinette's face as Alya practically dragged her onto the dance floor.

Adrien for a bit was talking with Kagami, seeing as well Kim and Alix at the dance fighting over who would get the last cupcake, Ivan and Myleen together off at one of the tables, Juleka and Rose dancing together on the dancefloor, and he thought that that would be him soon enough with Marinette.

While Marinette was dancing with Alya, a slow song started playing, and that's when someone from behind tapped on her shoulder. She turned around to see...