The Note

How did someone figure it out. Who figured it out? Someone knew who he was and wanted to meet him. He wanted it to be a dream, he wanted to wake up and have this never happened. Ladybug was going to kill him if he found out.

Then he thought about it, it must be someone in the school since they knew his locker. What if it was Marinette? No, she would've said something. He was freaking out. He knew he had to meet them. He would do anything to protect his identity, there's no way he was letting Hawkmoth get his miraculous, plus he could think of a couple people who would kill him if they found out he's Chat Noir.

Adrien was so incredibly distracted during the school day. First Marinette shows up in an outfit, dedicated to his alter ego, and now his identity's in danger.

Alya was getting suspicious of Marinette. Lately she hasn't really talked about Adrien whatsoever! At first she thought it might be Luka stealing her heart, but ever since that one akuma attack Marinette has been so focused on Chat Noir. Sketching him in her notebook, more interested in the ladyblog, and especially the outfit. Something was definitely up.

Adrien couldn't help but easdrop on the conversation behind him... "Marinette, what is the deal?"

"I don't know what you mean?"

"Ok, you haven't mentioned Adrien in ages, and you're hanging out with Luka 24/7. You can't tell me that nothing's happened. You seem like a whole different person now".

Adrien felt sad knowing she didn't really seem to like him anymore, but he was also a bit alarmed that Alya thinks Marinette might like Luka. He listened closely to make sure he wouldn't miss what they were saying, "What can I say, I've finally realized that Adrien isn't for me. And Luka's just a friend, trust me"

"So then what's been taking up so much of your time?"

"Uhhhh... I- I uh found, a stray cat! Yeah, a stray cat has been visiting me at night"

"Mhhmm, Sure"

"Yeah, he's a black cat, with the most beautiful green eyes, so Cute" Alya then wondered if she meant Chat Noir was visiting her. What if he was? Was her friend going to date a superhero?!

Meanwhile Adrien's face turned a new shade of red listening to what Marinette was saying. At first he was confused when she mentioned a stray cat, but then once she described him he realized she was talking about Chat Noir! She thinks my eye's are beautiful? She think's I'm Cute!? Adrien thought to himself.

"Hey dude, you ok?" Nino said, probably a bit louder than he should've.

Adrien was having trouble forming coherent sentences after the info he learned about how Marinette felt about Chat. "I- I'm, he he..."

Marinette heard Nino ask Adrien if he was ok, then she became worried when she saw him. His face was red, he wasn't speaking normally, "Oh no, Adrien, are you ok?" She asked. She then placed the back of her hand on his forehead, and he was burning up! "Oh no, you're burning up, you should probably go to the nurses office"

When Marinette touched her hand on his forehead, his face turned an even darker shade of red, he didn't even know that was possible! It was hard for him to think with her touching him like that. He managed to spit out, "Oh, I just didn't get much sleep last night, that's all". Thankfully that seemed to get Marinette to back down, although he was still beet red from the interaction.

After school Adrien remembered the note he received in his locker. He almost forgot that existed, too preoccupied thinking of Marinette in class. When he was waiting for Gorilla to pick him up, he saw Marinette by herself and wanted to talk to her, but of course Luka had to pick her up again on his motorcycle. Adrien didn't understand why he couldn't have a car or something. He's convinced he takes the bike just so Marinette could wrap her arms around him. He scoffed to himself, but then realized Alya was standing right next to him.

"AAHH, oh my gosh Alya, I didn't see you there" he said.

"What's your deal, ever since the whole Kagami situation was announced you haven't stopped staring at Marinette. You thought I wouldn't notice, did ya?" Alya asked. She was just sick of his blond boys stupid actions, confusing Mari to no end.

Remembering what his father told him about not letting people know his relationship is for publicity, he said.

"Uhh, I don't know what you're talking about"

"Don't play dumb with me. I know that Kagami publicity stunt. It hurt her you know, I'm surprised she's even talking to you right now".

Adrien felt horrible. He guessed that Nino had told her about the Kagami situation, but it didn't seem she had told Marinette yet. A part of him wished that she would.

Then Gorilla pulled up, "Sorry, I've got to go" He said while walking to his driver.

The last words he heard from Alya were, "This isn't over Agreste!". Alya could be pretty intimidating when she wanted to be, there's no doubt about that.

...

After Chinese lessons, when he was supposed to practice piano, he played his recording, and decided to go out as Chat, and if he happened to run into Marinette, then maybe he'd go talk to her. He leaped from roof to roof subconsciously looking for the girl.

He went by the Liberty, and saw Marinette by herself playing the guitar out on the ships deck. He wondered where Luka was. Then he saw Marinette waving at him. He decided if he's here he mine as well go over and say hi, what's the harm.

"Hello Purrincess" He said picking up her hand and giving it a kiss. Marinette blushed at the action, but none the less laughed saying silly Kitty.

She then asked "What brings you here?" as she subconsciously flicked his bell.

Trying to play it cool Chat said, "you know, hero business, keeping civilians safe" while jokingly flexing his muscles, causing Marinette to laugh a bit. Music to his ears.

But then, just like hearing a wrong note, Luka appeared from out below deck, "Hey Marinette, I got the acoustic... Chat Noir, what are you doing here?" Luka said. Chat could obviously hear the switch in his voice. He wondered what he did to Luka to make him hate him. He understood a bit as Adrien, but not really for Chat Noir.

"Oh he just happened to pass by and wanted to say hi" Marinette told Luka.

"Yeah... sure" he responded. Obviously not believing what she said. He side eyed Chat, giving him a questioning look. "Nice of you to drop in, goodbye" Luka then said, basically shoving Chat off of the deck onto land.

Marinette then side nudged Luka saying, "Luka... what was that for? I'm sorry Chat, I'll see you later" She said giving him a big smile.

Chat returned her smile then went on his way, sort of. He maaaayyyyy of been watching them just a little bit longer. Then he realized he had to get back home to finish piano lessons himself, not the recording.