Thinking Clear

Marinette woke up, with a huge pain in her left shoulder. She wasn't really sure what had happened. The last thing she really remembers was talking to Chat after the akuma had happened. Then she remembered the Icicle, and went to feel her shoulder, but nothing was there. Then she realized she was wearing a really big TShirt, one that wasn't even hers.

Wait a minute. She realized she wasn't even in her own room. Then she noticed the Jaged posters, the guitar, guitar picks, she was in Luka's room. She was in Luka's bed. She was wearing Luka's shirt. The thought made her blush for a second. But then got distracted by Tiki hugging her, "Marinette, you're awake! I'm so glad you're ok!".

"What happened? I don't really remember anything" Marinette said. Then tiki realized she probably wasn't going to like what she was about to tell her. Tiki then spent the next couple minutes explaining how she got hurt, went to Luka's, and transformed right in front of him. "I did what?!!!" Marinette yelled.

She couldn't believe it, someone knew her identity, Luka knew her identity! At least it wasn't Lie-La. But still, someone knew, and that was extremely dangerous. She just starred at the closed bedroom door, knowing that once she steps out, she'd have to face him. Of course she knew he wasn't going to do anything bad, but its just the fact that someone knows her identity that's weird. She'll now have someone to talk to about all this stuff, something she's never had before; not counting Tikki.

She pushed the covers to the side, and stood up, immediately regretting the pain that was now shooting through her shoulder. Reaching for the door, she hesitated, a moment, taking a deep breath, then turning the nob.

Luka was still waiting in his living room, thinking about everything. Now he was a lot calmer having time to think, but he was getting a bit worried that he hadn't heard anything from Marinette. But then he heard the turning of the door. He immediately sprinted off the couch and the second the door opened he gave Marinette a huge hug.

"Luka, my Shoulder" Marinette said, not that she didn't like the bone crushing hug.

"Oh my gosh Mari, I'm so sorry"

"It's ok, heh" she responded. Luka then led her over to the couch so she'd be able to sit down, he sat right next to her.

"It's ok if you ask, I know you know" Marinette told him, guessing that he probably had a million questions to ask her at the moment.

"So it's been you this whole time. You're ladybug?" Of course he knows that she is, he just felt like he needed her to say if for it to fully sink in.

"Yup, it's me. I'm Ladybug... I'm guessing it's not what you were expecting" she said, feeling like he probably expected someone brave and confident like Alya.

"No, not at all. In fact, I don't see anyone but you being her!" he said with no hesitation. He hated how she didn't see just how amazing she really is, Ladybug or no ladybug.

"You really mean it?" She asked him.

"Absolutely..." he said while grabbing her hands, "... you're brave, smart, kind, everything Ladybug is and more!". This definitely wasn't what Marinette was expecting.

All at once, every doubt, every emotion she's been holding in for so long came flooding out. She wrapped her arms around him as he held her in his arms. "You don't know how long I've wanted to tell someone, for somebody to know. I know I'm supposed to be tough, but it's hard. My Marinette life has gotten so messy because no one can know who I am" she weaped out all at once. It felt amazing to get everything off her chest.

"It's ok, I know now, you can relax" He told her comfortingly, while she just let it all out, still holding her on the couch.

What he didn't know was that Juleka had come home, and took a photo of the two on the couch. She knew her brother had a thing for Marinette, but she was shocked to see the two cuddling on the couch together, at least that's what it looked like to her.

She quietly went into her room, and immediately sent the photo to the girls, saying, 'Is Lukanette finally sailing?'.

Everyone had placed a bit of a bet on who Marinette would date and when she would date them. Of course Juleka didn't know if they were dating yet, but she still wanted to show the girls. Plus Marinette was wearing her brother's TShirt! This was a major leap from being obsessed with Adrien 24/7.

Back on the couch, she had settled down a bit. Then she asked Luka, "What's the time?"

"It's 7:48, why?"

"Oh no! I have to meet with Chat in 12 min!" she said, frantically jumping up from the couch, wincing, trying to find her things.

Luka didn't like her meeting up with Chat since he's, you know. But he knows that she's ladybug, and he's Chat Noir. As much as it bugs him, he can't do anything about it. "Let me find your purse" Luka says. He then finds it on the counter, seeing the mess he still has to clean up. Hopefully no one's noticed it yet. He then gave Marinette the bag and sent her off on her way.

She hurried as fast as she could, already a bit late for the meeting. When she got there she groaned in pain from her left shoulder, since making the journey over there really hurt with all the swinging.

"LB, are you ok?!" Chat asked, worryingly, seeing the pain she's in.

"Yeah, I'll be ok" she managed to stifle out. "I was able to get the wound to stop bleeding, I just have to be careful of the shoulder for the next couple weeks" she continued saying.

They talked for only a couple more minutes when Chat said, "I have to go now to meet up with someone, but don't hesitate to contact me whenever about your shoulder, ok?"

"Sure thing Chat, see you soon" Ladybug replied as he vaulted away. She was going to start heading home, but then she realized that that was the direction Chat was going in. He must've meant needing to see her civilian self when he said he had someone to meet.

Not wanting him to see her detransform on her balcony, she transformed a block away. Then she realized she was still wearing Luka's shirt, and it had gotten significantly colder since it was around 8:40pm. She was walking home when someone taped her on the left shoulder from behind.

"Owww" she winced, still in a lot of pain from the incident. When she turned around Chat was behind her. He just stared at her, not moving, or saying anything, "Uhhh, is everything ok Kitty?" She said.

"Heheh, on yeah, sorry, I- I just uhhh- got a bit distracted, that's all, hehe" Chat said. His face was turning really red, and he kept scratching the back of his neck, he seemed, nervous. "Ohh, are you ok? Your shoulder?" he then asked.

She realized she couldn't tell him it was because of the akuma since she doesn't want him figuring out who she is.

...

The reasons for Chat's nervousness was a big one. Flash back to when he left the Eiffel tower from his meeting with Ladybug. He had right away head over to Marinette's place. He tapped on her window several times, but she hadn't answered. He was starting to get nervous, since she was supposed to be home at this time. Chat then went looking around in neighboring areas to look for her.

While looking, he saw Ladybug, but she hadn't seen him. He ducked, not wanting her to see where he was going, since she probably wouldn't be too big of a fan for the whole talking to Marinette as a superhero. But then, she ducked into an alley. He figured she was transforming, so he looked away. A min or so later, he figured the coast was clear and she should be mixed in with the crowd by now.

But that's when he saw it. Marinette DuPanCheng. She was walking on the side walk. He was so confused, he hadn't seen her moments ago anywhere near this area, so how did she get here?

Then it hit him. What if he really was that lucky, and Marinette is Ladybug! It all made sense, the disappearing, the personalities, the appearance, everything fit together like a puzzle piece.

Chat was in complete and utter shock. He hadn't fully registered yet what this meant. Although before he got ahead of himself, he decided to do one final test to see if she really is who he thinks she is. He dropped behind her, specifically knowing that if she reacted when he tapped her left shoulder, she was 100% ladybug, since that's where she got injured.

He hesitated for a second, but then took the leap of faith, this one thing could change everything, best case scenario for the better. He tapped her shoulder, and...