Dates for the Dance

The bell rang, and it was time to go to lunch. Adrien sat down at the lunch table, nervously awaiting Marinette and Alya, he couldn't keep still. "Calm down dude, I'm sure it's all just a big misunderstanding" Nino said in an attempt to calm him down, but in all honesty, he wasn't so sure they were going to like the explanation of the photo.

Then he saw them, he saw her, walking into the lunch room, headed for their table. Him and Nino patiently waited for Marinette to start talking. "So, funny story, um my hoodie was wrecked from the akuma yesterday, and Luka just happened to be near and offered his shirt" She said.

However, that still didn't explain what they were doing together on the couch. Alya was about to ask her to elaborate, that she wasn't telling everything, but surprisingly Adrien beat her to it, "But you guys were on the couch, together! What was that about!" Adrien asked, his tone desperate.

Marinette got so confused why he seemed to care so much about the photo, why EVERYONE seemed to care so much about the photo. It was her life, and plus, it's not like she can say, Oh I'm ladybug and I almost died so Luka had to stitch me up and comforted me after the trama.

Instead, she told her friends, "I fell, you know, clumsy me, and uh, Luka was comforting me, because of the fall". After she said it, she realized how dumb that must've sounded. And that's exactly what Adrien was thinking.

Alya said, "We want the truth, why can't you just tell us? And you're seriously going to tell me that you and Luka aren't totally a thing?".

Everyone was on the edge of their seat to hear Mari's response, especially Adrien. He still couldn't stop thinking about the photo. "Alya! Were not a thing! Yes, ok, I admit he's attractive, but my heart belongs to someone else!".

She loves someone? Is Adrien's first thought. But if it wasn't Luka, then who? Does he know them? He looked from Mari to Alya, seeing Alya giving her a look saying, I still don't believe you.

Marinette finally cracked from the stares and yelled out "Fine! There's something about me not many know, and Luka happened to figure it out, and he really was comforting me. I've been insanely stressed recently, ok?!". The three could tell she was telling the truth.

"You can tell us anything" Alya said trying to get Marinette to tell her what her secret was.

Marinette then became sad, thinking about how her friends could never know, because it'd be too dangerous, "no, no I can't" she said with watery eyes, before leaving her food and walking out of the cafeteria"

Adrien felt horrible, he knows what it's like keeping a secret, and for Mari having to go through this, especially as the new guardian must be incredibly difficult. Adrien then got up and ran after her, he had to let her know she's not alone, that they'll still be her friend even if she can't tell them her secret.

He couldn't find her in the school so he thought she must've left. When he opened up the door to outside, he heard sniffling, and there she was off to the side on the steps. Her head was in her hands, and she was hunched over, hiding her face.

Then he walked over to her peacefully and sat down next to her. Adrien didn't say anything, he knew she just needed comfort, someone to be there for her. She eventually rested her head on his shoulder as he put her arm around her.

She looked up at him and asked, "Do you ever wish things were different, that even though you're grateful for what you've been given, you also know that your life would be so much simpler without it?".

Nothing has ever described Adrien's life that much. Everyone always thinks his life is so great, who wouldn't want to be a model? Him, that's who. Adrien just wants to be a kid, hang with his friends, have a loving family. For him, if it wasn't for Chat, well... he didn't want to think about it.

"You have no idea" he replied.

With his other arm he grabbed her hand, and she closed her around it. In that moment she felt safe. She definitely wasn't mad at Adrien anymore, and if anything, they're closer now than they've ever been.

As much as a part of her still belongs to him, she couldn't help but wish a bit that Chat was with her. Then she thought how ironic it would be if Chat was Adrien. This thought caused her to smile as she chuckled a bit.

Adrien smiled when he heard Marinette chuckle. He looked at her wondering what caused the change of mood, glad that she's feeling better. "What's so funny?" he asked, curious for what she was thinking about.

She just smiled a bit more and said, "Oh, it's nothing" She replied smiling back at Adrien.

She then stood up, still holding Adrien's hand leading him back into the cafeteria. Marinette was surprised at how well he was able to cheer her up. She couldn't help now but imagine Adrien really was Chat, I mean, besides the puns, they do seem similar. The appearance, the eyes, the hair, same height, same build, there were so many similarities in fact. She then realized she was staring at his face for too long and looked away with red cheeks.

Adrien noticed that, as they were walking back, Mari was staring at him from the side of her eyes, and she seemed to be thinking, like, a lot. The longer she starred, the more red his face got. Then when they were nearing the cafeteria she finally looked away.

Alya was waiting for Adrien to hopefully bring back Marinette, but what she was shocked to see was the two holding hands while walking into the cafeteria. When Adrien saw Nino and Alya looking down at their hands, he realized him and Marinette were still holding hands, so he took his hand back, nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry guys, I..."

"No, don't even apologize girl, I went to far and overstepped your boundaries, I'm the one that's sorry" Alya said to her best friend. She truly was sorry. She didn't know Marinette was under this much stress, but whatever it was, it must be really big.

The rest of the day went well, and Mrs. Bustier reminded them of the school dance that was on friday. Afterwards the group met up in front of the school to talk about plans for the dance. "So, we all going to the dance?" Alya asked.

"Of course babe" Nino said while smiling at her. He was excited to get to dance with his girlfriend, and also kinda hoped his Adrienette ship could possibly sail.

But he realized it probably wasn't going to happen when Adrien said, "Yeah, I'm going, but my dad is making me ask Kagami, is that ok with you guys?". Everyone responded with yes.

Then Adrien was curious about Marinette, "So, are you able to come to the dance?" he asked her.

Before she could respond, Luka came up from behind her, hugging her while resting his chin on the top of his head. "Oooh a Dance, sounds fun" he said. Adrien kept sending glances at Luka. It would be so easy for him to tear his arms off of Marinette. Especially after the photo incident, and Luka probably finding out that Marinette is Ladybug. He'd have to ask her about that one.

"Yeah, it's friday, you should go with Marinette so we all have dates" Alya said. As much as she likes Adrienette, she didn't want Mari to be the only one without a date, and she knows Mari would never have the courage to ask him herself.

Luka then takes his chin off her head and looks at her, "Is that alright with you?" he asked. "Yeah, why not," Marinette said, smiling back at him.

Adrien was internally barfing. Something about Luka just got under his skin. More than anyone else in the entire world. He then takes their attention away from each other saying, "We can all get ready at my house and head over together in the Limo".

"Thanks Adrien! That sounds like so much fun" Marinette replied, Adrien sent a smile back to her. Since he wasn't able to be her date, he wanted to make sure he could keep an eye on them, so Luka wouldn't try anything funny.

Once everyone had started going there separate ways, Adrien went up to Alya saying, "Why'd you invite Luka?".

She just groaned, hating that she needed to explain to him, "Because even though you like her, you're going with another girl. I'm not letting her be the only one without a date". He understood the logic, but that didn't mean he'd have to like it.