The Dance Pt. 3

"Oh hey Luka, what's up?" Marinette replied. In all honesty she was hoping it would be Chat, but she knew that wasn't for about another hour or so.

"Would you care to dance?" Luka said, holding his hand out for her to take.

A logical Marinette would've politely declined, knowing she was waiting for Chat, but this was a bit of a drunk Marinette who wanted to try and shake some nerves off. "Sure" she said, taking his hand.

Luka placed her hands on his shoulders, and his own hands low on her waist, dangerously low. Marinette was distracted, thinking about later, that she didn't really notice where Luka's hands were. Luka saw his opportunity and took it. He wanted Marinette for himself. He was sick of Adrien trying to take her away. Sick of Chat Noir swooping in and being the hero. It wasn't fair, it was time for him to get his happy ending; not Adrien, he thought. Luka also may have taken a sip or two of liquid courage to prepare himself for this moment.

As the beat got slower, Luka moved himself and Marinette closer together, still gripping onto her waist. Bringing his face closer to hers. While moving his hand to the small of her back he brought his head to her ear whispering, "I've been waiting to do this for a while". And back to that sip or two, it may have been a drink or four getting him to this moment.

...

A couple minutes back Adrien was talking to Nino, when a slow song came over the speaker. He watched as Alya got Nino onto the dance floor. He loved that his friends were happy, that's all he wanted for them. Then from the corner of his eye, he thought he was making it up, but he saw Luka saying something to Marinette on the dance floor. He could tell she looked out of thought and a bit out of it. He assumed it was the Alcohol from the drink. If he knew what was in it, he definitely wouldn't have given it to her.

Then he watched as her hands were put on Luka's shoulders, how Luka's hands began to trail down her back. Way too low on her waist. Adrien was beyond pissed at Luka. His jaw clenched, along with his fist, as he immediatly stoped what he was doing and started walking over to the dance floor. He wasn't thinking clearly. All he knew is he had to get Luka's hands off of her. She wasn't fully with it and what he was doing is wrong.

Then there it was again, that feeling in his chest. With each step his chest felt tighter and tighter as well as his fist, so tight leaving marks on his palms. That's when his heart stoped.

He saw Luka pull her in tighter, holding onto her back, looking down at her while whispering in her ear. The second Luka looked up for a moment and made eye contact with Adrien, that's all he needed to see to know exactly what Luka was about to do.

He dropped everything and started sprinting at the dance floor, but it was too late. With no warning on Marinette's part, one moment she was dancing with a friend, and the next his lips were on hers. Luka's final straw was seeing Agreste watching them, He knew he had to make the move, and there would be nothing Adrien could do to stop it; his head clouded by the punch.

Marinette didn't know or have time to respond. She just stood there like a deer in the headlights. She wasn't thinking properly in the first place, and definitely wasn't ready for a kiss. As soon as a bit of her common sense kicked in, she used her hands to push Luka away from her.

Adrien couldn't believe what Luka did. The running didn't stop, and the second Marinette pushed Luka off of him, Adrien tackled Luka down to the ground. He was beyond pissed. "Don't touch her! How could you of done that" Adrien shouted at Luka.

The two got in a wrestling match on the dance floor, all eyes on them. "She's not yours Agreste, back off!" Luka shouted back, trying to get Adrien off of him.

The two were so busy fighting that they didn't at first notice Marinette. But the second Adrien heard a sniffle coming from her, it was like he was broken from whatever trance he was stuck in. Marinette was so confused, going through all the stages of grief in one moment. First she was upset Luka had kissed her, but then Adrien tackled Luka?

She just didn't understand, she though Adrien didn't like her like that. Adrien got off of Luka right after giving him another shove to the ground, then instantly going over to Marinette, putting his hands on her shoulders, "Marinette, are you ok?!".

Everything was just too much, the kiss, the fight, the music, everything was just way too much. Marinette's head was killing her, and it felt like everything was spinning. She couldn't focus, and nothing was making sense. With watever bit of consciousness she still had, with tears in her eyes, she said "If you don't like me, then why did you care that Luka kissed me", right before grabbing her dress, and running into the hotel; trying to get away as fast as possible.

Adrien gave no thought to it, instantly going to run after her, "Marinette, wait! I can explain!" he said. Although Alya blocked his way, looking after her friend, knowing Marinette needs time to herself. "What the hell Agreste?!" Alya yelled at him.

Adrien was in full panic mode. Thinking about Alya's question, and back to what he just did, knowing for sure that he would've done it again. He couldn't get out of his mind Luka's hands on her waist, taking advantage of the fact she wasn't in the right mind set. He had half a mind to go back to the dance floor and finish the job, but all he wanted to do was be there for Marinette.

"Answer me, what do you think you're doing?" Alya said. Adrien looked her dead in the eyes. Alya got scared when she saw the look in Adrien's eyes.

She'd never seen anything like it before, she'd never seen him so serious in his life. "Alya, I love her, I have to find her and tell her" Adrien said, pleading with Alya to let him go. Alya could tell he was completely serious, and nodded at him, letting him pass.

Adrien went running for the entrance back into the hotel, when all the sudden an explosion sounded, as the building began to burn up in flames. "I am burned, my date to the dance set my love confession on fire, and that's what I'm going to do to your stupid little dance."

...

Moments before, Marinette was running like her life depended on it. Her head was pounding, her ears were ringing, and she felt sick. She needed to be alone, she HAD to be alone. She made her way into an empty guest room, breaking down into tears, hiding her face on the bed. She thought about everything that just happened.

She thought Luka was just her friend, and that he'd always be there for her, but he crossed a line. Then there was Adrien. One minute he was saying 'she's just a friend' and the next he'd tackle the guy that kissed her. Then... oh no, Chat!!!

She went into full blown panic mode when she remembered she was supposed to meet with Chat. What if he saw everything? What if he saw Luka kiss her, what if he saw her with Adrien? What if he thinks she's interested in someone else and leaves? Her head was spinning, but then everything stopped, in a peaceful calm as it all went black.

When the explosion went off and the building went up in flames, it knocked around a lot of stuff, causing a beam to fall down and knock Marinette unconscious in the hotel room she was now stuck in. Tiki came out of her dress, and was so scared. "Marinette, Marinette! Oh no, this can't be happening" she said. How would they get out of this. She tried absolutely everything to wake her up, but nothing was working. Thankfully she still had a pulse.

Adrien was absolutely horrified. All he could think of was Marinette, he didn't even care about the akuma at the moment. He went to run into the fire without even transforming first, but Luka came up to him and held his arm back. "Let me go, I have to get her!" Adrien got out while tears were streaming down his face.

As much as Luka hated Adrien, Chat was his best bet of making sure Marinette was safe. He hoped she had already gotten out as Ladybug. "Look Agreste, you won't do any good as yourself right now, you have to transform", but catching both of their attention was Tikki who appeared right in front of them.

They both held their breath, knowing that if they were seeing Ladybug's Kwami, Marinette was in deep trouble. "She was knocked unconscious from a support Beam, Chat, you have to help Marinette, she's Ladybug" Tikki told him. He was terrified, but knew he had to be strong to get the both of them out of she situation. "Where is she" Adrien asked, needing to get to her as fast as humanly possible.