Road to Recovery

"C'mon Agreste, are you going to help me with this Akuma or am I going to have to fix that by myself too?" Luka said. He was tired cleaning up the mistakes that Adrien had made. Leaving Marinette broken, the whole dance situation.

"Yeah, I'm coming" Chat was able to say after he calmed himself down a bit.

It was the longest akuma battle of Chat's life. Him and Luka, aka Misterbug 2.0 did not work well together. Neither one of them wanted to follow what the other was saying. After the painstaking fight, Misterbug was able to get the akuma after Chat cataclysmed the umbrella, and let it go after cleansing it, tossing the miraculous ladybug in the air.

Now that they finished, Chat was free to question Luka as much as he needed to figure out why the hell he kissed Marinette. "Why did you kiss her?!" Chat yelled at Luka.

"This doesn't involve you Agreste!" Luka yelled as him and Chat got closer and closer.

"It does though, because if you hurt Marinette, you have to deal with me" Chat told him. Neither one was backing down, and they were so close to losing it.

"She's not yours!" Luka yelled, frustrated with Chat all up in his business.

"Yeah, and she's not yours either, at least I know better than to cross the line with her!" Chat yelled. He was so mad, wanting someone to blame for everything that had just happened, and Luka seemed like the easiest person. But then he realized Marinette was more important and he could talk to Luka another time. "Look, even if I'm not dating her, I will ALWAYS be there for Marinette. She means more to me than anything else in the whole world. I'd give up everything, my lifestyle, the powers, all of it if it meant she's safe. So if you excuse me, I'm going to check in on her" Chat said as he left Luka, frozen in his spot.

Up until now, Luka thought Chat just wanted Marinette because Adrien couldn't have her anymore, but he didn't know just how much he liked her. And from what he said, it seems like he even loves her. He decided after Chat was done visiting, he'd visit as Luka, then give the earrings back to Adrien the next day, no matter how much he didn't want to.

Chat was glad to get away from Luka. Any more time with him, and Luka would've ended up needing to go to the hospital as well. As he leapt from rooftop to rooftop, Chat was worried. The miraculous ladybug should fix the damages, but there's no telling what was going to happen until he could see her.

When he finally sees her, what will she remember? Will she remember the kiss with Luka? What about the akuma, or anything else? He walked into the hospital, immediately receiving service, since he is a superhero after all. "I'm here to see Marinette DupainCheng, is she ok?" Chat asked, a bit scared to hear the answer.

"We can take you to see her if you'd like" the lady said. Chat was worried that they weren't answering his question, but instead just wanting to show him what had happened.

Walking into Marinette's room, he held his breath. There she was in a hospital gown, lying down with oxygen being supplied to her. As he looked closer, there were no burn marks, no cuts, scrapes, or anything. Yet she still wasn't awake. "When the Miraculous Ladybug was released, it undid all the harm caused, thankfully, but she still hasn't woken up. She should regain consciousness any day now, I'm sure of it" the nurse told him.

Now knowing that she'd be ok, Chat was finally able to let go of the breath he didn't know he was holding. The nurse left him and her alone in the room, so Chat sat down right next to her bed. He moved her bangs out of her eyes, and held her hand with his own. "I don't know if you can hear me, but if you can, It's Chat. Please come back, I know you will. I don't want to have to spend any time here knowing I'm not able to be with you. I love you Marinette, MyLady, I just needed to tell you" Chat said as a tear fell down his face.