Epilogue

Seven years later

Seven years later

"Mommy, Daddy, wake up!" The light voice echoed in the room as I frowned at the sound. I moved gently on the bed before I felt a small human jump right on my groin.

"Eleonor!" I half-yelled as I grabbed her small body in my hands and sat up carefully. I looked at her beautiful face. Her green irises looked up at me before I noticed the small trails of tears on her cheeks.

"What's wrong?" My wife's hand touched my bicep before I turned my head towards her.

"I had a nig... nighe...night-" a smile tugged my lips as I averted my eyes onto my daughter.

"Nightmare?" She nodded before resting her head on my stomach. The warmth this action gave me was enough to melt my heart.

"What happed, El?" Amelia asked as Eleonor's tiny hand gripped my forearm. She was so tiny in my hands that even though she was now four years old, she looked like a doll in my hold. My love touched her hand before El stood up on my lap as she climbed over to her mother's side and curled up against her chest. I watched her movements and grinned like a child that just received a puppy.

My life took a drastic turn after I met Amelia. I never intended to marry or let alone have a family. Now, I'm happily married to the love of my life, since our small wedding five years ago. And a few months later, Amelia surprised me with a pregnancy test on my bedside table.

I woke up that morning with my wife nowhere to be found and you can just imagine how surprised I was to find out I was going to become a father. But I don't think anyone was more surprised than my mother.

She actually called Amelia's mother to thank her for bringing my wife to life. I was so confused just like Mel was and barely moved as my mother talked to my mother-in-law. She was so happy that I'd have kids and finally settle with my dream woman that she helped Amelia as much as she could. In a way, I thought this was manic and actually crazy of my mother, but Amelia liked my mother and was really thankful for the help.

After graduating seven years ago, Mel and I spent the summer travelling around Europe which was part of her Christmas present earlier that year. After getting back, she began working at the New York firm of my company alongside her brother and after she began working, so did I. I chose to have only a few master's classes at the university and started focusing on the Matrix. It was one of the best decisions I've made because I could spend almost every moment with my girl.

Luke was really supportive of our relationship and a year after the charity event, he introduced us to his girlfriend Blaire. And just two years ago, they got married. She was exactly what Luke needed. Blaire had similar interests, worked as a lead economist and liked very similar things Luke did. Safe to say, I was very happy for him.

We still lived in my penthouse in New York but bought a small estate further away from the city which we go to during holidays and whenever the city became too much to bear.