Chapter twenty-five

My heart sank to my stomach as Nate's body started falling

My heart sank to my stomach as Nate's body started falling. I grabbed him by his waist but barely held him since he was almost twice my size if not bigger. He took me down with him but at least I made sure he didn't injure his head.

Not that Luke didn't just do that.

"What the fuck is your problem!" I yelled at him. I placed my hand on Nate's cheek as I tried to wake him up. "Fucking hell, Luke. You're a psychopath!" I looked up at him, his face pale from shock.

"I..."

"You had no right to do that. I get that you're mad but this is off-limits." He ran his finger through his hair,

"He attacked me!" He tried to defend himself. I shook my head as I caressed Nate's cheek.

"He pulled you away from me because you were hurting me. Maybe he got overboard but he did nothing to hurt me. He was defending me," I yelled out, tears streaming down my face. "You're a fucking psychopath, Luke." I looked down at Nate, his limb body on my lap, making my legs cramp from his weight. "Fuck," I tried to stand up, my eyes squinting as I fought the pain.

"Amelia stop it." Luke tried to take his hand out before I pushed it away.

"Get away. You've done enough damage." I stood up, holding his arms.

"I'll help you," I looked over at the back of Nate's head.

"Get the first aid kit, he's bleeding." I looked around the space we were in. The glass was shattered with wine spilling everywhere on the floor. I looked up at Luke who was still staring at me. "What the hell are you waiting for?"

"Maybe I should carry him to the couch?" He stepped forward.

"Quickly, I'll get the supplies." He grabbed Nate by his waist. "Don't do any more damage." I hurried to the small bathroom downstairs and immediately soaked a washcloth with water. I opened a drawer under the sink to take out a first aid kit. I quickly wrung out the cloth and, grabbing the kit, ran out of the bathroom towards the living room across from the kitchen.

Luke had sat Nate on the light grey couch and had already flipped him on his stomach. I sat down on the floor right by Nate's head.

His head wasn't damaged that much that it required stitching but it did need to be cleaned up and sanitized.

I placed the washcloth on his head, to clean up the blood around his wound and neck.

"Do you need any help?" Luke asked, standing close behind me.

"No," I stated as I took out a cotton pad and soaked it in sanitiser.

"I didn't know what I was doing." I dabbed the wound carefully, letting the blood soak up the cotton.

"Clearly." I placed my free hand on his back, gently rubbing it. His back wasn't as tense but was still very firm. I grabbed another piece of cotton before I felt his back muscles move ever so slightly. I glanced at the back of his head. "Nate?" He groaned and I released a breath of relief. He picked his head up just a bit. "Hey, hey, hey. Just one second. I'm finishing up with the mess." He didn't listen and tried to sit up. "Nathan, please," I pleaded, hoping he'd listen to me.