Chapter two

Just as I entered class, I spotted Rose sitting in the middle

Just as I entered class, I spotted Rose sitting in the middle. She wasn't in here to study. She was waiting for me. No good reason. She just gets lonely here. I walked over to her, catching her attention from her phone. She smiled at me, as I dropped my bag on the desk and sat down.

"Howdy," I frowned, turning to look at her.

"Howdy?" She smiled, nodding.

"Let's say I'm spicing things up," I chuckled, taking my math books out of my bag. "So, what are you doing today?" I took out my pencil case and set the bag on the floor.

"Studying." It was quite a generic response, but it was the best I could do.

"Don't tell me you've been masturbating to him," I shot her a disapproving look. She smiled, laughing. "Oh, come on! All you did last week was talk about how hot he was," I rolled my eyes.

"And too old," she chuckled, taking my notebook and flipping through it.

"Age is just a number," I watched as students walked into the classroom. There were five minutes left and the professor hadn't come in yet. It was strange since Mr Davis was always fifteen, if not a whole half an hour, early.

"How do you think I'll ever reach him?"

"Internet is powerful. Besides, what did you say his name was?" The memory of him was so goddamn vivid, that I wanted to rip my head off. Just when I think I can focus on my career, life throws me a surprise.

How convenient!

"Nathanial. Mathematician and teacher. No way he was serious. Although he knew some facts. But who am I kidding? Wikipedia can answer almost every question under the damn Sun."

"A math wiz who looked like that?" She questioned as she slid the notebook back to me.

"Literally, once in a lifetime occasion," I checked the time to see there was a minute left. "Don't you have class?" She nodded.

"I hate it. History and shit," I smiled.

"I thought you liked it," she made a disgusted face.

"Loathe it," I nodded.

"Ah, right. One of the basics of your degree," she shook her head.

"As much as I love you, Amelia, you're not very smart on my degree," I nodded, agreeing with her.

"I'd hate to steal the spotlight. You're going to be phenomenal," she shot me a smile before standing up from the chair.

"See you at your place," I nodded and watched her disappear through the door.

Math.

The most fun subject of all. I may be a weirdo on this, but it's who I am. I would be practically no one if it weren't for math. Thankfully, I was gifted with some understanding which led me to choose this path.