Chapter eleven

The moment she was in my car, my heart rate slowed

The moment she was in my car, my heart rate slowed. This woman was killing me without even knowing it. I was supposed to be on Nico's plane right now on my way to Rome but just as I put one step on the stairs, I got her message.

Her damn pictures. Her perfect face, her body in that dress if I can even call it that. Her goddamn perfect tits. All of her was perfect.

Her slight movements in her seat, made me glance in her direction. I had my right hand on my thigh and surely didn't expect her to grab it. Her small hand looked everywhere for me. I lightly touched her hand before she grabbed it and placed it on her chest, curling up on the seat.

She's drunk.

She's not thinking.

That's all it is, Nate.

I took a deep breath in, trying to swallow the desire to snatch my hand out of her grasp. I shouldn't like her this much. I shouldn't even want to stay like this.

But man I want to.

When Nico turned around at the top of the stairs and looked at me, he smiled. "Is the little math wiz desperate for her professor?" I rolled my eyes at him and told him I'd be back soon. I had to be on that plane. That was where I was taking her.

She'll hate me. But I don't have a choice right now.

My mind was wandering everywhere. The way he asked that mocking question, made me think if he was somehow responsible for her.

Nico's a powerful man. Some might even say the most powerful. He has his own problems regarding women and my life isn't something I'd want him involved with. But he knew me better than anyone. He knew what I liked and wanted. She, on the other hand, was something I didn't even let myself dream of. She was the girl of my imagination. Wild one, to be precise.

I didn't want to believe that Nicolas was responsible. And the chances of that being true are slim to none. But that zero point zero (add a million more zeros) one per cent was what worried me.

As I drove into the giant lot where the private plane stood, my mind was telling me to leave her here. The people I was about to stay with would eat her alive. At least some would.

But it's Amelia I'm talking about. She should be fine.

I parked the car, took my hand out of her hold carefully and got out of the car to get her. I took her in my arms, her head resting against my chest. She placed her small hand against my chest, nuzzling her face to my chest.

"Nathan," She said in such a low voice I barely heard it. No one has called me Nathan in years. I had always preferred Nate because my father used to call me Nathan. Not that I hated him, but I didn't like to be reminded of him after his passing. It brought more grief than happy memories we've shared together.

I locked the car and walked over to the private jet stairs with her in my arms. She seemed so fragile like this in my hold. A girl that wasn't meant to be with a guy like me. But something inside me knew she had to be mine. No matter the consequences.