Chapter eight

The moment I woke up, I froze

The moment I woke up, I froze. I wasn't in my room. I lay in a room, high up from the ground, which was obvious from the view of the city skyline. I looked around the bed I was in. The bed itself had black sheets, which I can't lie, I loved.

The floors were black marble, the fireplace further away from the bed had a black frame. The bedside tables didn't have any picture frames, there were no special details, but the one thing that gave it away where I was, happened to be the book on the bedside table. "Proofs from THE BOOK" sat on top of it.

Nathanial.

There was no way I just happen to lay in someone else's than his bed. He's rich, he can afford this kind of apartment. Besides, he's a math lover. Someone who seems to love to read about the field.

I slowly got out of bed and looked down at what I was wearing. An oversized black T-shirt. His shirt. I pulled it up slightly, taking a corner of it to my nose. I could still smell his scent on it.

Did we sleep in the same bed?

How did I end up here?

I remember the sex. Vividly. It's hard to forget when it's Nathanial I'm speaking about. I left his room, looking around the space.

Soon I got to realize that it wasn't an apartment, but a damn penthouse after I stumbled upon the stairs. The view was absolutely mesmerizing. I stood in front of one of the windows right next to the stairs.

As I turned around my eyes caught an opened door. Was it a good idea to snoop? No. Did I do it? Yes. The curiosity got the best of me. I approached the door, opening it just so that I fitted through it. I entered the room, my lips parting slightly.

His office.

Damn him for having my dream office.

The dark interior, the bookshelves filled with books, mostly philosophical or math-based. The plants gave the room a cosy vibe and reminded me of Luke's place. I took a step forward, eying out the books on the shelves.

The number of books this man had was astounding. I saw some books I've read, like "Zero: The Biography of a Dangerous Idea", "An Imaginary Tale" and "Prime obsession". The best books I've ever read in my life. I reached the glass desk, that had an iMac on the side and papers everywhere. The drawers on the right-hand side matched the black bookshelf. The very top one was almost overfilled. I looked up, looking out onto the gorgeous view of the city.

I just imagined how awesome it would be to sit here at night, solve problems and look out into the view. It's inspiring. Or it may be a distraction, but overall, I wanted that.

"Snooping around?" I jumped at the sound of his voice. I turned around, seeing him leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. He wore light grey pants, a white dress shirt, that was tucked in the pants, and white sneakers.