Chapter nine

The car ride was silent

The car ride was silent. Thank fuck. I couldn't have been able to have small talk with him. I was already too damn ashamed to wear something like that in front of him.

After he pulled up at Luke's house, I hurried out of the car but didn't expect him to follow. I turned towards him to say goodbye but saw him walking towards me.

"What?" He asked, noticing how I stilled.

"Nothing." I walked to the door, put my hand on the handle as I took my key out of my hoody with my other hand and froze. The door was unlocked. "Shit." I quietly opened the door, entered the house and looked around. Empty. A relieved breath escaped my lips. I turned to Nathanial to thank him, but the sound of footsteps on the stairs made me glance that way.

If Luke is home...

A hint of relief hit me when I saw Rose. She wore light grey sweatpants with a black sweater and grey slippers she kept here. She stayed at my place quite often which wasn't a complaint on my end or hers, but I wished she had stayed at her place today. She stilled when she caught my eyes.

"Where the hell have you been, missy?" She hurried to me, grabbed my shoulders and looked all over my body to see if I was hurt.

I'm fine, dear mother.

When her eyes caught the man behind me, her brows went up.

"Good afternoon, Miss Arya." Her jaw dropped as she nodded and moved her eyes from him to me. I turned to Nate, my hand holding the doorknob.

"Thank you for driving me home." He smiled as he put on his black sunglasses.

"Pleasure, Miss Bartley. I'll send you the work you have to do. You can have some rest next week." I couldn't contradict him as he walked away towards his car. I slammed the door and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a glass off the shelf and poured water into it.

"What the actual fuck, Mel!" She squealed like a child. She practically jumped on me as I drank the liquid.

"Rose!" She backed away, plopping her ass on the barstool. I turned towards her, leaning against the island.

"Every damn detail should make its way from your lips to my ears, Amelia. All the way from how this happened to his dick size." I rolled my eyes at her. "You know I can keep your secrets very well, but it comes with a price." The price was my promise to always tell her everything. Not that hard. But I didn't want to do so this time.

"I was drunk, I texted him I wanted him to fuck me, he said no, I sent him a picture of me in lingerie, then he said to be in the parking lot of the mall in ten minutes. I went there, sat in the car, we had sex, I gave him a blowjob, his dick is big, he knows how to dirty talk. Man, he knows how to touch me and I fell asleep on his lap after sex so he drove me to his place and then back here. He even took my damn panties, so if it wasn't for this skirt, I'd be pretty much naked. " Rose's mouth formed an O shape. "I know I'm stupid. He's my damn professor and basically ten tears older than me." She shook her head.