Chapter thirteen

The moment we arrived at a gate, Nico was still on the phone talking to his mother

The moment we arrived at a gate, Nico was still on the phone talking to his mother. I couldn't understand a word since they spoke in Italian, but I didn't even pay attention to his words as we pulled over to the biggest house I'd probably seen.

It was a giant mansion, on top of a decent hill. The house was light beige with stone accents and giant windows. I was expecting something more dark and creepy but modern. Either way, I will never be able to afford such a thing.

The moment the car stopped, we got out of the car. Nate stood a few feet away from me and talked on the phone. I sighed before I looked back at the house. I was truly mesmerized by the gigantic mansion. The three-story estate could probably fit a whole village.

"Mel?" Nate's voice made me get back to the present as I took in the place I was at. I looked at him, meeting his eyes. He placed his hand on the small of my back before he placed a kiss on my forehead. I was taken aback.

"What the hell was that?" I frowned. He gave me faint smile before he leaned down to my ear and whispered.

"Act, princess. Good girls get rewarded." He pulled back before pressing his lips to mine. I was so stunned, that my eyes stayed open. I kissed him back lightly, not giving in to the temptation. He pulled away and looked to the side. I followed his eyes to the front of the house. The two men I met were heading to the door as a middle-aged woman appeared. Her smile was big as she looked at, who I thought were, her sons. The moment she looked further towards us, her eyes widened and I kid you not, she smiled even more.

"Nathanial!" She squealed and ran down the stairs towards us. Nate pulled away from me, heading towards her.

"Aurora, what a pleasure." He gave her a hug.

"I've been worried about you, Nathanial." Her eyes looked at me. "But I can tell you've finally settled down." She walked over to me with a bright smile.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Amelia." I was about to take my hand out until she hugged me tightly.

"I'm Aurora, darling. You have no idea how happy this makes me." I locked my eyes with Nate. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared at me. I could tell he wasn't sure this would work out. Whoever this woman was, she meant a lot to him and vice versa. Aurora pulled away from me, keeping a grip on my upper arm. I smiled as I looked at her. "Come on, I need to introduce you to everyone." She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the house.

"Nate-"

"Just follow her. I'll find you in a bit." He said as she dragged me further. I mentally cursed at him. This was a terrible idea. I looked back at the woman. We walked up the grand stairs and walked through the massive black double doors.

The first thing I saw was a foyer with two massive, curved stairs, a giant crystal chandelier dropped from the second floor, which reached almost the first floor. The floors were black and white marble, the walls were black with some curved details. White and black marble sculptures decorated the foyer. All the way from vases to sculpted people on some corners. A few walls were decorated with giant golden framed mirrors.