SIXTY| Besties

My fist meets his cheekbone

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

My fist meets his cheekbone. He falls to the ground. I climb on top of him. My fist hits his face. Again. And again. And again. His cheekbone. His jaw. His eyes. I'm just hitting.

He's gone.

I throw another punch.

He's really gone.

And another one.

Oh my god. He's actually gone.

This time before I can throw another punch, I pause. I stare at his bloody, almost unconscious face and get off of him.

I stumble back, sighing as sit on the boxing ring."Take him to the medical room. Get him fixed up." I order the men. 

Too far. I always take it too far in this boxing ring.

I pull my boxing gloves off, throwing them onto the floor. I sigh, dropping my head into my hands.

He's gone. My best friend. My brother. He's gone. Alessio's gone.

It's been 93 days. 93 days of hell.

"Sir," someone calls me. I turn my head and look to my left. Luca—one of the men— jogs towards me, holding my phone in his hand. "Your phone kept on ringing. I'm thinking it's something important."

My feet quickly stand me up. I jump down from the ring, hastily snatching my phone away.

Isabella. It's Isabella.

"Hello?" I put the phone to my ear. "Isabella? Isabella are you okay?"

"I'm okay. I'm okay, don't worry." She says.

She sounds better than I last talked to her. 2 weeks ago. I've been busy with trying to find Nikolai and I just don't know what to say to her now that she's married. To Marco.

"I just..." she lets out a breath. "Marco and I have something we'd like to share with you. I know you have a mission today but after you're done, could you please come see us."

"Uhm." I run my hand down my face, holding in a groan.

I wish Alessio was here so we could collectively talk shit about Marco and how damn stupid this marriage is. But again, if he was here none of that would've happened in the first place.

"Please, Cal. I haven't seen my best friend in weeks."

Ugh. I love her too much.

"Okay, cutiepie. I'll see you tonight." I finally agree.

If Alessio was here right now, he'd probably be glaring at me for that nickname.

"Thank you. I love you, Callan." She whispers.

She's crying.

I can hear the break in her voice. She's crying. I can tell. She's changed. Since that night at the cabin. She's changed.