FORTY-THREE| Torn

WARNING
Sexual Assault

Alessio's in the operating room

Alessio's in the operating room. Gave me a kiss, said he loves me then got sedated with general anaesthesia and got taken into the OR.

"It'll be okay." My head whips to Marco who sits beside me. Apparently Callan told him what had been going on.

"Mhm," I nod my head, not able to stop the anxious tremble of my legs. "He'll be-" my voice breaks, a lump of worry forming in my throat.

I'm pulled into his arms, my head pressing onto his chest. "Don't worry, he'll be okay." He says, running one of his hands down my hair.

I sit there for I don't even know how long. Long enough for Callan to crouch down next to me, wiping tears that I didn't even realise had fallen. "Buck will take you home, okay?"

I shake my head, but there seems to be no room for discussion. "The surgery will take hours. He'll drive you back when the surgery is done." Callan's tone is firm, so I nod, following Buck to the car.

I stare out the car window, watching as we drive by the same ice rink our first date took place at. The same book store we've walked to, hand in hand, thousand of times. Then we're out of the car, standing in front of the apartment door as I unlock it.

"I'll be out here if you need anything."

"Buck you can come in." He shouldn't have to stand outside.

"Thank you," He slightly smiles before quickly wiping it away. "But I can't. I have strict orders to stay outside."

I nod understandingly then head inside.

"Hi, baby." I crouch down, running my hand down Rain's back.

Then instead of holing up in a corner and crying my heart out I decide to use my time wisely.

"Let's make your dada his favorite food huh?" I put on my pink ruffled apron, giving Rain a treat, just 'cause. He's the best doggie ever, he deserves random, just 'cause treats.

I begin making Persian kebabs, saffron rice and cucumber yogurt. I really feel like I'm slowly starting to get better at Persian food. After finishing with that I clean the whole house, showering and then decide to put on a cute outfit.

I want to look nice for him when he wakes up.

I dry my hair, using the curling wand to make it wavy. I pick out a cute skirt and sweater outfit– I quickly found out he loves those outfits on me.

"Is it cute Rain?" I say, pulling the sheer black tights up my leg.

He barks, his tail wagging right and left. I think that's a yes.

My gaze moves to the clock.

2:13 PM.

The surgery is about six hours so there's two more hours left.