THIRTY-EIGHT| Italy

WARNING
Mature content
Sexual assault

I'm woken up with a deep rumble of a cough, a painful wheezing ringing through my ear

I'm woken up with a deep rumble of a cough, a painful wheezing ringing through my ear. Rain jumps up on the bed as I open my eyes, the coughing sounds intensifying.

My eyes fall on the letters on the desk, realizing Alessio must've been up for hours now. He always spends so much time on writing those letters. It seems personal so I don't ask him about it.

I get up, rubbing my eyes as I head to the washroom.
"Gio?" I knock on the door, still hearing the painful coughing. "I'm coming in."

I walk in the bathroom, my heart breaking as I see him on the floor, bent over the toilet as he coughs up blood.

Oh my god.

My heart clenches as I watch him in that state— so vulnerable, so in pain.

I approach him, resting my hand on his back and pushing his hair out of his face. His pale, tired face snaps to me, his eyes squinting at me.

He shrugs my hands off of him, coughing roughy. "Leave. Don't see me like this." He croaks out.

"Stop. It's okay. It's okay, baby." I bend down next to him, a frown on my face as I rub his back.

He must be in so much pain.

He shuts his eyes, his coughing finally coming to an end as I bring a towel to his lips, wiping the blood off.

"Don't,"

I interrupt him, "It's okay. Stop trying to stop me."

He slumps back against the bathtub, letting out a sigh of exhaustion, his face completely drained of color.

"I'm sorry." He looks at me through hooded eyes.

"Don't. Please don't be sorry." I push his hair back, looking all over his face worriedly.

I get up, grabbing him some water and a chocolate. "Eat this and drink some water till I make breakfast."

He first shakes his head but when I glare at him— or at least try to, he complies taking the water and chocolate from me.

I cup his face, bending down next to him. "You okay, pretty boy?" I press a kiss on his cheek.

He hums, nodding his head.

"Come on, get up." I help him get up as he groans, clutching into the counter. I put toothpaste on his toothbrush, handing it to him.

After he takes it I also prepare my toothbrush, brushing my teeth as Rain runs in the bathroom. "Good morning!" I pat his head as he jumps up on my leg.

"We're going to Italy." Alessio spits out, rinsing his mouth.

What?

"What?" I snap back, rinsing my mouth.